The Nail Polish Remover I'm Currently Obsessed With

by - Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Yes, I'm talking about nail polish removers now. :))

Anyway, just thought I'd share this because it was a a very satisfactory discovery for me. I love wearing nail polishes with various finishes so nail polish remover is a staple in my stash. I like my nail polishes tough on paint yet gentle on the skin. Over time I've tried various ones, from bottled ones to soaked pads. So far, my favorite was a Maybelline one, the one with the pink liquid in a bottle. I wasn't able to repurchase it because they already discontinued the product so from 2011/2012-ish up to now, the polish remover I use is the Cutex Nail Polish Remover. I started using it when I saw it in Watsons SG and they were on sale; S$5.99 for a big bottle + small bottle. Awesomesauce, right? I've already tried three variants, the Regular, the Strengthening, and Regular Lemon. All are effective and great in dissolving nail polishes. Unfortunately, they weren't on sale the last time I was in Singapore but another brand was- Sally Hansen.


I'm so glad I got a bottle of the Sally Hansen Moisturizing Nail Polish Remover. For starters, I got it for around S$4/5 which was almost a dollar cheaper than the not-on-sale bottle of Cutex. I was finally able to use it a few days ago to remove the current mani I had on. I was so impressed the moment I used it. I'm gonna just get it out of the way: it's better than the Cutex polish remover. When I use the Cutex remover, I make sure the cotton pad is 70% soaked with liquid.  But with the Sally Hansen remover, 70% goes a long way. I can already remove the polish on four-six of my fingers before reaching for a new pad. It's so freaking effective, it's crazy.

Another reason I'm obsessed with it: the scent. It doesn't have that standard acetone-y scent. It smells a bit like cologne or a mild hand lotion. It smells so good I could sniff it all day (not a good idea though, just sayin'). On my hands, it definitely didn't feel drying. It didn't dry up my cuticles nor the skin around my nails. Thumbs up! Gonna try the other variants once I finish this up! x

You May Also Like

0 comments