EOTD: Make No Apologies

by - Monday, August 15, 2016


A little wearable, a little punk.

Since my current EOTDs look a lil colorful and "out there", I decided to make this week's look somewhat wearable. I didn't have anything particular in mind, just that I wanted to do a halo eye using my Body Shop palette. A few swatches later, I went with a punk-ish neutral eye, if you can still call that neutral. :P


It's no secret that I love red eyeshadows so when I saw this red/pink shimmery shadow in my NYX Make-Up Artist Kit, I knew it had to be included in this look. I mean, I don't want to just settle for the same ole halo eye. I want something different, something that looks crazy but makes the whole look. And lemme tell you, after I finished this look, I was smitten,

After priming my eye and setting it with Freestyle, I went to straight to crease work. Nothing crazy or anything it's just that I find it easier when I start with my crease first. I went with a muted rose shade to add some dimension, warmth, and tinge to the look. I went with a pink shade instead of a brown because it has the same tone with the shadows I'll be using next. After applying and blending the muted rose shadow, I went ahead and worked on the halo. The halo is basically putting dark shadow to your inner and outer corners and a light and reflective shadow on the center. So it's D-L-D, basically. I first decided to use Plum Shimmer as my dark shadow. After all this time, I have to say it's still one of my fave shadows. After packing Plum Shimmer to both corners and connecting slightly at the crease, I now filled the center with the gorgeous red/pink shadow. I really wanted it to pop so I spritzed MAC Fix+ on my shadow-packed brush then applied it on the center lid portion as well as on the center of my lower lashline. 

I felt like both shadows blend together, like the contrast wasn't that obvious so I decided to darken the inner and outer corners by adding Chocolate Shimmer on top of Plum Shimmer. This really made everything come together as it made the center shadow really pop. The plum shadow underneath Chocolate Shimmer also added some color to the shadow, making it quite dimensional. Blending everything together, packing or adding more shadow if needed, and that's basically the lid. For the lower lashline, I applied Chocolate Shimmer to the outer part, the red/pink shadow in the middle, and Plum Shimmer on the inner part. Since this is quite a shimmery look, I decided to go easy on the brow bone and opted for just a matte white, Kinky. For liner, you can go two ways: black or dark brown. Tightlining is optional as well and I think falsies can take this look a notch higher. Extra steps are up to you. :)

I absolutely love how it came out. I love the red pop, the grounding browns, the liner that ties everything together. I'd really wear this look in a heartbeat, preferably as an evening look. If I were to wear this for the day, I'd skip the tightline and use a dark brown liner. Other than that, I wouldn't change anything else. Guess to say I'm pretty in love with this look is an understatement. :P

*for reference, click this photo to see the NYX Make-Up Artist Palette.

PRODUCTS USED:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Urban Decay shadow in Kinky (all over)
NYX R6C6 shadow (crease)
The Body Shop shadow in Plum Shimmer (inner & outer corners; inner lower lashline)
The Body Shop shadow in Chocolate Shimmer (on top of Plum Shimmer; outer lower lashline)
NYX R4C4 shadow (center of lid & center of lower lashline)
Urban Decay shadow in Kinky (brow bone highlight)
Maybelline Gel liner in Black
Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Mascara
Essence All Eyes on You Mascara

You May Also Like

0 comments