EOTD: Quarter to Four

by - Monday, October 17, 2016


Red tinge.


I feel like my EOTD posts need some red shades in it so lemme add one to the mix! Today's look can be wearable, I think, and can be toned down or amped up.


My sister got me the NARS Cinematic Eyeshadow in Cambodia as per my request because among the shades in the Guy Bourdin collection, this was the very first one that caught my eye. It was different yet still a somewhat wearable shadow because of its warmth. It's definitely a nice alternative to your usual browns and pinks and other neutrals.

I packed Cambodia on my lids because I want this to be my main color for this look. Cambodia is shimmery, almost bordering on glittery, so blending this was a breeze. On my crease area, I didn't want anything too opaque. I guess I just wanted a shadow that'll help blend out the edges of Cambodia while adding subtle dimension. Naked 2 was a good one to use because it's a light cool toned brown so it was able to blend out Cambodia as well as add a hint of depth on the crease. Once that blend out, I just retouched my lid area since some of the shadow was thinned out due to blending then proceeded to my lower lashline.

True fact: I wanted my lower lashline to be a smokey brown since my lid was giving off some serious grunge-y vibes. I went on and used a brown eyeliner as a base, smudged it out, and set it with Faint, a medium brown gray shadow. For the most part you want your lower lashline to be hazy, unlike what I did here. Something went wrong while I was doing my lower lashline, hence the shadow packed outcome, but if you can make your lower lashline hazy and smokey, that's the way to go. Add Cambodia to the roots of your lower lashes to warm up your lower lashline but don't got too overboard with it. Blend until you're satisfied. Line your waterline with the brown liner as well.

Oh, I also added Cambodia to my inner corner to intensify that grunge look. Thankfully, that shadow is a warm one or else I would've looked like I had an eye infection or something haha! I added a light dusting of Virgin on my brow bone but you can always opt for a matte shadow as a highlight. (Kinky's my matte shadow of choice.) Add some winged liner (or a smudged brown liner to mirror your lower lashline), add some mascara, some falsies if you fancy, but for the most part, that's pretty much today's look. 

As I've said, you can always tone the look down or amp it up. You can always ditch the lower lashline shadow, and add some outer v shadow instead. Amp it up by foiling Cambodia, adding dark shadow on the outer v and smoke it out, and use black liner and shadow instead of brown. Just play with it and wear it how you want it. Have fun!


PRODUCTS USED:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Urban Decay shadow in Freestyle (whole eye area)
NARS Cinematic Eyeshadow in Cambodia (lid; lower lashline inner corner)
Urban Decay shadow in Naked 2 (crease)
Urban Decay shadow in Faint (lower lashline)
Urban Decay shadow in Virgin (brown bone)
essence Gel Liner in London Baby
Nichido Eye Pencil in Medium Brown
Benefit They're Real! mascara


You May Also Like

0 comments