NARS Cinematic Eyeshadow in Cambodia Review

by - Wednesday, October 19, 2016


Oooh rusty, red, and shimmery.


There's not a lot of shadows that catch my eye instantly. Sure, I love my neutrals but when it comes to non-neutrals? It takes a lot to pique my interest. I love me some blues and purples but you know what? The color that really makes me stop and stare is red. So if I see any red-toned shadow, I always tend to swatch the hell out of it. After all, it's such a rare color to see in a world full of neutrals and common colors. 

A few months back, my sister went to the biannual Shiseido sale in Singapore and she asked me what I wanted in NARS. I immediately said NARS Cambodia.

NARS Cinematic Eyeshadow in Cambodia was part of the Guy Bourdin collection back in 2013/14. I remember that this collection caused quite a stir in the beauty world as some people weren't big fans of the French photographer and/or his works.Some beauty bloggers refused to review the collection but some did albeit briefly. I, myself, am not that familiar with the story of Guy Bourdin so I don't let the stories affect my opinions and views on the collection. 

Anyway, Cambodia is a single eyeshadow that is housed in the classic NARS matte rubber compact. Cambodia is such a nice color: it's a blend of red and orange with a hint of pink. The outcome looks like a rusty warm sunset but also with a tinge if light tones from the pink. It's also joined by gold shimmer, making the shadow pop even more.

Pigmentation is around medium because upon application, I found that I needed to layer and pack it twice to get the intensity I want. As for the texture, it's definitely very smooth and buttery. It wasn't patchy nor chalky. It actually feels like a cream to powder product, the one that just melts and glides on the eyes. This shadow can be used wet or dry. I've only used it dry but I have no doubt that this shadow will be more pigmented and shimmery when wet.

(EOTD)

Here's the look I did with Cambodia. It's actually a really nice color to wear as it really isn't one that's too in your face. The warm tone in this shadow grounds the look so if you combine it with neutrals, it won't look too cartoonish or clownish. With this color, it's all up to you on how you want it to look. You can make it wearable or you can go all grunge with it. You can even do a halo eye with this color or just an accent. Bottomline is, Cambodia can be worn just like you would a neutral shadow.

Overall, Cambodia was a delight. The color is something I really love and the formula and texture are amazing. The only issue I have with it is that it's prone to breakage, thanks to its super buttery formula. My pan had some nicks and I don't even remember causing those nicks. :)) But yeah, as long as I'm careful with it, it'll live. I hope. :P


You May Also Like

0 comments