Cleansing with Himalaya Herbals Scrub

by - Friday, November 04, 2016

 

Scrub a dub dub.



If you've been reading my rambles for a while now, you know how I'm into facial scrubs. I just prefer them over regular facial washes because I feel like scrubs just do a better job at deep cleaning. Plus, the beads are just so fun to work with. Any facial wash with beads are just so appealing to me, hence this product purchase and review.


Since I didn't bring a facial wash with me for my trip here in SG, I took advantage of buying one to try. My face wash of choice: the Himalaya Herbals Gentle Exfoliating Daily Face Wash. It's free from  parabens, SLS/SLES, and Phthalates and it has 100% herbal actives. This facial wash has four key ingredients: apricot granules that scrub off dead skin cells, stimulate cell growth, and prevent formation of blackheads; neem & lemon that help in deep cleansing as well as removing excess oil; and finally, aloe vera, the ingredient that soothes the skin and help maintain the skin's moisture balance. 

This facial wash is pretty much packed with beads and this has a quite strong herbal scent. I was really excited to try it because of the beads and their claim that it prevents blackheads. Ahh, the little joys in life.

So after trying it out for almost a week, here's my opinions, based on experience, of course.


On my first use, I immediately knew that this isn't a gentle cleanser, well, the beads for the most part. Unlike the beads on other facial washes that melt after a few minutes, the beads on this one keep their form, making this scrub a little more abrasive. While scrubbing my face made me happy, my skin wasn't having it. After using it for 5 nights straight, my skin became drier, to the point where I developed very dry patches on my cheek areas. The scrub stripped so much oil that it left my skin really parched. I don't know if my breakouts was caused by this scrub but I stopped using it because of how it messed up my skin. 

Overall, I think my skin isn't a good match with this cleanser. I mean, it did a great job in cleaning my face but I think this cleanser is too abrasive and intense for my skin. For reference, my skin type is normal to dry. In my opinion, this will work more on those with oily and acne-prone skin types as this cleanser removes unwanted oil and keeps the oil at bay as well. For those whose skin types are similar to mine, you might want to skip this. I absolutely like the fact that it did help lessen my blackheads so  I think I'll use this on the nose area alone and keep my usage at around twice a week. Hopefully, I wouldn't damage my skin too much that way.  







You May Also Like

0 comments