EOTD: Asleep with the Fishes

by - Monday, November 07, 2016


Mermaid feels.



Howdy! Hope you all had a fantastic weekend. Here's a look that's definitely bluer than your Monday. :P

So on today's look, I played with a new product that's pretty bomb. My main product for today's look is NARS Eye Liner Pencil in Kaliste, a gorgeous deep blue-green shade. I won't ramble on about it since there'll be a separate review for it but what I can tell you is that it is a really nice and different shade to play with. It's definitely a new take on blue eyeliner, considering most blue shades are either sapphire blue or sky blue. This blue-green shade is awesome and so right up my alley.

That's why it's my main shade for today. Using at as a liner just won't do so I just went all out and painted my lids and crease with it because seriously, why the hell not?  So after priming and setting my whole eye area, both upper and lower, I loaded up on Kaliste and applied it mainly on my lid area, blending it up and slightly outward. Now, blending a creamy product can be quite tricky so I highly suggest you blend it out with a synthetic brush or if you don't have any, a really packed and dense brush. Blending out the crease area was really more challenging but thankfully, I have this packed bullet brush in my brush stash that made things 100x easier. Another thing that also helped in blending out the product on the crease area is Freestyle. I definitely didn't want any color on my crease so my base color, Freestyle, helped soften the edges without adding another color to the look. Once I was happy with my upper eye area, I did the same thing on my lower lashline. The shape of this eye look is totally up to you, by the way. You can make it rounded, you can make it like a huge wing, you can make it hazier and smokier; totally your call.

Since I found the look a little too plain and matte, I decided to add some shimmer party to the look. Concentrating on the center lid, I applied Cop a Teal, a shimmery denim blue shadow. It added dimension and interest to the look, no? I applied that shadow both on the upper and lower center areas. To add more interest, I applied Party Girl, a lilac-y purple, to the center of Cop a Teal. I know it's just, like, a strip of color on the center but it just adds another layer to the look! The purple isn't really too pronounce so Party Girl looks like a deep blue. Still awesome though!

And that's pretty much it! I just lined my waterline with Kaliste, added mascara, and added more subtle shimmer in this look with Satin Sheets on my brow bone and inner corner. And that sums up this look! I absolutely love how vibrant this is and how it gives off some mermaid vibes because of the different shades of blues in this look. Just plain living for this look. :) x


PRODUCTS USED:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Urban Decay shadow in Freestyle (whole eye area; crease)
NARS Eye Liner Pencil in Kaliste (lids, blended up to the crease)
Too Faced shadow in Cop a Teal (center upper lid and lower lashline)
Too Faced shadow in Party Girl (center of Cop a Teal)
Too Faced shadow in Satin sheets (brow bone; inner corner)
Benefit They're Real! mascara


You May Also Like

0 comments