Nail of the Week: Girl Stuff Nail Lacquer in AskMeWhats

by - Friday, March 31, 2017


Lovely pink polish for the summer!


I don't know what took me sooo long (okay, fifteen months to be exact) to use this polish! I got this during Ms. Nikki's workshop with Benefit and I guess I put it on the backseat for a while because I had other polishes to use before it. But now that those polishes were used and reviewed already, it's time to bust this out! And can I just say, using this polish now is perfect timing because: SUMMER!


This is my first Girl Stuff polish and I have to say, I got pretty excited when I saw this in the goodie bag. I remember reading features and blog posts about Girl Stuff a few years back so I was pretty giddy to finally be able to try out a polish. If I'm not mistaken, AskMeWhats was part of the Bloggers’ Elite Summer Collection 2015. AskMeWhats is a lovely light orchid pink creme. It's quite cool-toned due to the purple undertone, making the pink more grounded and less neon-y. What I like about this shade is that it looks vibrant and alive without looking like a typical pink shade. It's feminine, fun, and fresh, perfect for summer!

As for application, I have to be honest- I had a bit of a struggle. When applied thinly, it tends to have streaks and gaps and overall just patchy. When applied a bit thickly, it's better and gives a more opaque coverage, only problem is that it's, well, thick. I don't know if that's because the consistency changed over time but I did prep the polish before use. Rolling the polish bottle a few times helped but the "go thick" application still seemed to work better. I have to say though, even if the layers are quite thick, they seem and feel sturdy, like they won't chip off easily in one piece. The streakiness, patchiness, and gaps got smoothed out as it dried and topped with a top coat, so problem solved.

Overall, I'm loving this color! It's a good way of wearing a bright polish without looking too bright or over the top. It's also not too bad on tanned skin! Guess this would look great on the toes too... ;)

You May Also Like

0 comments