Royally Sinful: Lipstick Queen in Mauve Sinner

by - Thursday, January 04, 2018


My love for mauve lippies continues.

My birthday was about about four months ago but I just wanted to share something I got that I absolutely adore.

Nothing much was planned on my birthday. I guess the fact that I was celebrating it in a different country was enough. All I really wanted to do was eat, eat, eat and maybe do a little shopping. My sister was nice enough to book a table in my resto of choice (Blu Kouzina, if you were wondering. It's probably my fave Greek restaurant ever.) so I wanted to look a bit presentable as possible but I also wanted to wear something special, something birthday-y. Thankfully, my sister gave me a new tube of lippie a few days before my birthday and while I still have a number of lippies to go through, I thought, sod it, Imma wear this for my 24th.



The lipstick I wore was Lipstick Queen's Sinner lipstick in Mauve, a gorgeous cool-toned muted pink with a purple undertone. If you're thinking why the name Lipstick Queen sounds familiar, it's because they made waves in the beauty community a couple years back by releasing a lippie called Frog Prince, a green lipstick that turns to a rosy pink when applied on the lips. Since then, they've released more lipsticks, including the lines, Saint and Sinner. The Saint lipstick line has sheer lipsticks with only 10% pigment while Sinner has matte lipsticks with 90% pigment, making it more opaque than its counterpart. My sister got a lipstick on both lines so when she asked me which lipstick I preferred, I immediately snapped up Sinner's Mauve since it's better for my pigmented lips.

I love the packaging of this lipstick. The blue-black, almost indigo-ish color of the tube is just so regal and gorgeous. It also has a rubbery feel, almost like NARS but less thick, if you know what I mean. The tube doesn't feel heavy and it's not too bulky either. Also, it doesn't feel and look cheap.



Upon application, I immediately felt that Mauve is indeed different from my creamy lipsticks because it felt heavier. I didn't experience tugging, which was nice given it's a matte, but it also didn't glide on as easily as my cremes. What I loved, though, was how comfortable it was on the lips despite having a matte (or really, semi-matte) finish. It didn't give me that cement-like drying feel I usually experience from liquid lippies. And the pigmentation is just so good.

Since it's still a semi-matte, it can highlight cracked lips but at least it doesn't add dryness to the lips. It's a bit moisturizing so I guess it's still okay to use on a few patches here and there, although I still recommend exfoliating beforehand, just so you can enjoy this lipstick more. I didn't experience any bleeding or feathering but you can always add a bit of lip pencil for security and longevity. I recommend this to anyone who likes matte and comfort, as well as to those with dry and pigmented lips. This is such a gem for me and because it's such a wearable everyday color, I'll probably wear it to death....or until I get tired of it. Haha!


You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. This was an incredibly helpful review. Told me everything I wanted to know. Thank you!! :D

    ReplyDelete