My Current Scrub: Yoko Cucumber Spa Salt

by - Saturday, January 06, 2018


New addition to my exfoliating pile.


With the holidays over, I'm pretty sure most of us just want some sort of pampering after all the (happy) chaos that just happened. I personally felt I needed a good scrub, to remove all the junk and dirt on my skin that soap wasn't able to scrub off. I love scrubs and I like sharing the ones that really impressed me. So today I'm doing that again, albeit this one's different from the ones I've tried before.


Here I have Yoko Cucumber Spa Salt, something I found in the beauty/hygiene section of a nearby mall. Unlike the other scrubs that I've tried before, this one's actually a dry scrub. According to the info on the packaging, it moisturizes and will give you smooth, baby-like skin, and it's also enriched with Vitamin E. I got the cucumber variant mainly because it was the only one that doesn't have whitening properties, but they have other scrubs that have them if you're interested. 

It's housed in a resealable plastic sachet-type of container. To be honest, you're better off transferring the scrub to another container because when the granules get on the seal, it's pretty much impossible to lock. Seriously, you don't need the hassle.


The texture is like a grittier version of iodized salt, and the granules are quite bigger too, but not comparable to rock salt. It’s the kind of product that needs to be applied while you’re wet so that it isn’t too abrasive on the skin. The scent is quite unique. Don’t get me wrong, it doesn’t smell bad at all, it’s just that I can’t quite pin point what it smells like exactly. It’s not fruity nor floral; it doesn’t have an herbal scent either. I guess for me, it smells fresh and clean and maybe a bit gel-like? It’s not an overpowering scent so that’s good enough for me.

Despite it being a dry scrub, it’s surprisingly easy to use. I apply it right after I rinse myself with soap. When I’m still dripping and all that. I put a good amount on my palm (that’s quite wet) then I start scrubbing on areas that need it the most: arms & elbows, neck & nape, knees, lower legs, and ankles.  The scrub doesn’t feel too rough on the skin as it melts a bit the more you rub it. I notice, though, that it does sting on areas where you have cuts/wounds. I have small cuts on my fingers and it definitely stung when they came to contact with the scrub. So, just a little reminder when you use this product (or probably any salt-based scrub for that matter). Like with my other scrubs, I only use it once a week, because we're all about the use-things-in-moderation life

I’m amazed at how soft and smooth and moisturized my skin feels after using the product. The scrub didn’t suck the moisture out of my skin, I love it. Every area I scrubbed feels smooth and soft, and most importantly, clean. It leaves a nice soft scent too so that’s also a win. It doesn’t leave any residue or film and it washes out pretty quickly. Also, it's quite affordable. The Soap & Glory scrubs I got before was around S$7-8 for a 50ml tub while this one's only for Php70 for 300g. Granted this one's not from a known foreign brand but hey, a cheap but effective scrub is all I want at the end of the day, yes?


You May Also Like

1 comments