Swipe and Conceal: Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in #35: Deep

by - Friday, May 04, 2018


For on-the-go.


If you’d ask me which base product I’d reach for if I want to look presentable in less than twenty minutes, I’d definitely say concealer. I don’t know why but for some reason, I’m more comfortable using and wearing concealers over foundations (and I’m talking about proper, medium to full coverage bases). Maybe because concealers are easier to blend? Or that their consistencies and shades are more reliable than foundations? Whatever the reason is, I’m more likely to just blend some concealer on my face because it’s easier and gets me out of the door in a jiffy.

Concealers can be a bit tricky, though, just like foundations, since they come in a bajillion shades. For the most part, I prefer buying concealers that are the same shade as my skintone. This way, I can use them on their own and conceal without altering my shade. I know some people like using lighter shades to highlight, and that’s fine, but I think that only works if you have a base underneath. Using concealers alone to highlight can look a bit weird, especially when not done and blended right.


Personally, I like concealers that have medium coverage. They’re perfect because they conceal but they don’t fully hide your imperfections. I don’t mind my dark circles peeking through; I mind when they peek through fully. Same with my zits and other things that pop on the face. Also, medium coverage concealers are great for everyday use because if blended well, they end up looking like skin- well, a better version of your skin, that is.

When I saw the Maybelline Fit Me concealers, I couldn’t resist picking up one to try. The shade range is decent for Filipina skintone, though some might have to combine two shades to get a perfect match.  I got the shade 35 Deep, as it blended on my skin perfectly after swatching all four shades. It didn’t look like a highlighter and it didn’t look like a contour; it was perfect.


Deep is the fourth shade on the Fit Me shade range here which is weird because it’s not the darkest or deepest. Café is- that shade is really for deep skintones. Deep is for those who are in the middle: for those who are not fair up to those that are almost on the deeper tones. Some might have a problem with it having a pink undertone but personally, I like it for my neutral undertone. Sometimes, it’s not about the undertone; it’s what matches and works for you that matters.


The concealer is housed in a sleek plastic tube with a doefoot applicator. A tube has 6.8ml of product.

One layer of Deep

Two layers of Deep

Consistency-wise, it isn’t too liquid or watery. When you apply it on the back of your hand, it doesn’t drip but it also doesn’t feel too thick. What I like about this concealer is that you can blend it with just your fingers and still have a flawless application. Coverage-wise, this is a medium one but I think it is buildable to almost a full. Since its consistency isn’t too thick, you can do a few layers without it caking too much. The product doesn’t feel sticky and it sets quite softly and like skin. It also doesn’t have a weird or overpowering scent.

If you like lightweight concealers with a medium coverage, I’d recommend checking out the Fit Me line. For something that’s quite affordable, this line does the everyday job of concealing imperfections while still letting your skin breathe.  I like the undertone and shade of Deep. For the longest time, I’ve searched for the base shade that would almost perfectly match me- I just didn’t expect I’d find in a concealer. This Fit Me concealer is a perfect everyday product: apply, blend, set and you’re all ready to go.

You May Also Like

0 comments