Payot Le Basique Hydratant Discovery Kit: Hydra 24+ Crème Glacée

by - Thursday, February 01, 2018


Plumping moisturizer with Hydro Defense complex. Product 3 of 3.


After removing every trace of makeup, after scrubbing off dead skin and stubborn products, it's finally time to amp up the hydration and seal them all in.

When it comes to moisturizers, I’m not really that picky. As long as it can hydrate and keep dry patches at bay, I’m good. Before, I thought moisturizers are somewhat a one-size-fits-all kind of product; boy was I freaking wrong. We all have different skin types and different skin types mean different skin problems. Through trying and testing, I found out that I prefer water-based moisturizers, those that are lightweight, easy to apply, and easily absorbed by the skin. I also found out that I’m not a big fan of products that are very creamy and heavy that make my skin feel like a greaseball the morning after. 

That said, I don’t think my search for the perfect moisturizer is over. There are times when I thought the product was “the one” only to find out that it’s the cause of my breakout. Picking a moisturizer is very personal so I just keep on trying products to see if my skin likes it or not. And I’m doing that exact thing  right about now.


The final product in the Payot series is the Hydra 24+ Crème Glacée. It's for “daily moisturising and plumping care, ideal for normal to dry skin. This silky, rich and satin-soft cream melts deliciously into the skin for intense 24-hour hydration and immediate and long-lasting comfort.”

The product is targeted for those who have dehydrated skin. It is enriched Creatine (helps in the energy metabolism of the cells), Vitamins C (has antioxidant properties that boost firmer-feeling skin) and E (helps restore and rejuvenate dehydrated skin + it boosts the production of collagen which maintains skin elasticity), Anti-pollution Actives, and Payot’s very own Hydro Défense Complex that consists of fig, watermelon, red algae extract, & H20 Patch. The Hydro Defense Complex is loaded up with moisture boosters, perfect for bringing really parched skin back to life.


The Crème Glacee has a silky cream texture, one that isn’t too gloopy nor thick but also not too runny and watery. It’s definitely not like most water-based moisturizers I use; this one has a bit of weight and has a slight tackiness. It’s a bit of a heavy-duty product, one you use when your lightweight everyday moisturizer isn’t enough anymore. 

Upon testing this product, I found that this doesn’t get absorbed by the skin instantly. It doesn’t dry down asap; you have to really work it on the skin and wait for it to be absorbed. It’s not something you use if you’re in a hurry, especially if you plan to apply makeup right after. But once it gets absorbed, you’ll be amazed at how hydrating it is. Dry patches won’t be as dry anymore and you get a healthy feeling, smooth-to-the-touch skin. It does leave a very thin layer of film on the skin, which isn’t a big deal to me because it somewhat makes my skin stay moisturized for a longer period. It doesn’t make the skin look greasy but you do end up with glowy looking skin.


I love the scent of this product. Since it has fig and watermelon extracts, it has a chic fruity scent, one that’s subtle and not headache-inducing.

Overall, this product is Shash Stash approved. I love using it as a night moisturizer because it gives my skin the hydrating boost it needs and it leaves my skin feeling fresh and healthy the morning after. It may be a bit heavy for day use, at least for me anyway. If you have really dry skin, this might work as a day product; if you have oily skin, I won’t really recommend this because you might end up with a greasefest. I’ve read that this product also helps in smoothing fine lines and expression lines so you might want to try this if you have those. I’m personally after the hydrating part and yes, the part where it makes my skin look radiant and luminous is one big bonus. Give me more of this product ASAP!

Le Basique Hydratant is a solid kit in terms of moisturizing and cleansing. They have you covered since you have two cleansers to ensure a thoroughly cleansed face and a moisturizer to bring back hydration on the skin. All three products are gentle but definitely effective. 10/10 would recommend if you have dry to very parched skin.

You May Also Like

0 comments