Activewear Wardobe Additions

by - Sunday, August 19, 2018


And so the activewear collection/obsession begins.

 Hello hello! As you know, fitness is a part of my life now and while I could talk about different exercises and moves and all that for hours, I want to talk about something that I'm also passionate about: activewear. I am specifically obsessed with sports bras but leggings and shorts and shoes and are also welcome. I mean, who could resist such cute pieces? Though I gotta admit, activewear can be pretty pricey, specially the ones that are in a nice quality, heavy duty material or the ones from a really known brand. So where do you turn to if you want decent activewear but on a budget? The sale, of course. 

My recent activewear haul makes me really excited and happy because I didn't have to break the bank for me to have good quality workout pieces. Sure they're not from known brands but hey, quality is what I'm looking for at the end of the day so I'm not bothered if they don't have huge brand logos. As long as they don't tear up or stretch out easily, I'm good.


First bra: I'm obsessed with. How freaking cool is it??? This is from Sassa Activewear and I love it because 1). I love the geometric pattern; 2). it's in black; 3). the back straps are LIFE; 4). it's comfy AF; and 5). it offers support. As a big chested girl, all I want in a bra is support (Is that too much to ask??) and this doesn't disappoint. I also like that this bra isn't too revealing; the scoop at the front is just right. But I mean, the real selling points of this bra is the pattern and the freaking neon criss cross back straps. I don't usually go for yellow but I just couldn't say no here. So freaking cute.  

Also, how awesome is it that I got it for 50% off? :P

 The bra is in a nylon material and is padded. The size I got is an M.


Second bra is still from Sassa Activewear and this one's a little bit more revealing than the first. This feels more like a proper bra, with the bra hooks and the works at the back. This one feels less stretchy than the first, too. I've seen yoga bras with a similar style so I guess this one leans more for yoga use? Support is still awesome, though. Personally, I'd 100% wear a top over it since it has a really low v but hey, if you're okay wearing it on its own, you do you.

And you know it: it's also 50% off. Sales are such a lifesaver I tell you!

The bra is in a polyester material and is padded. The size I got is an M.


Last item I got is a pair of leggings. Now personally, I like working out in shorts but I figured I should also add some leggings to the wardrobe to add some variation. I got this pair of leggings in a Surplus store and while it's not on sale (it's about 300Php), the price is not too bad for something that feels sturdy.

This is from Domyos a brand by sports store, Decathlon. This pair is the Energy Women's Fitness Cropped Bottoms with Contrasting Waistband in Mottled Grey. First of all, I don't know why they call it cropped bottoms when it's almost full length on me- I mean, am I really that short?? Doesn't bother me though since it's really comfy AF. It's a bit thicker than most leggings which means the chances of VPL are slim. Oh, and it's also squat proof. I checked.

I don't usually go for light color pieces as I always go for the safest choice (black) but you know, variation.

The leggings are polyamide-polyester blend. Both L & M fit but I went with L since it's more comfy and relaxed. M is more snug on me.

I love getting new activewear pieces because they just motivate me to workout more. I don't know about you but new pieces make me feel like a dangerous woman work and sweat harder. Oh, and cuter too, heehee. Can't wait to wear 'em! 

You May Also Like

0 comments