Into the Meh Pile: ToSave 6Pcs Makeup Foundation Sponge

by - Wednesday, August 08, 2018


Mini spongers.

 Remember the ToSave haul I did a few months back? Admittedly, I haven't really used each product (except for the laptop case) enough for me to review them, hence the lack of product update. I thought I'd rummage through that haul again and use them one by one and share my thoughts here in SS.

Since my default makeup applicator are sponges, I thought I'd start with them first. I got this 6pc makeup foundation sponge pack. It comes in two kinds of shapes, bottle and teardrop, and a whole lotta color. For $1.81, it seems like a bargain. But in life, some things are just too good to be true.


Okay, so here's the deal I've got issues with these. These sponges aren't what I thought they were. On the website, it looked like they're the normal beauty blenders that expand when damp. Well, these ones don't budge at all. I soaked them, pressed them, soaked them again; basically, I really made sure that they're water-loaded. Unfortunately, these feel like they don't absorb any water at all. So that's a bummer. Since they don't expand, that means they retain their size...and they're pretty damn small to be used for foundation applicator. 

As for texture, these sponges are hard. Like the resistance man, you can just feel it with every bounce, with every pat pat pat you do. They remind me of the Belle Madame sponges I bought from Sasa. They have that similar stiffness, only Sasa can be used as foundation applicator because of its size.

Since I really don't want to let these sponges go to waste, I think I'll just use them for further blending on smaller areas on the face. Like blurring out contour lines or blending out cream products on hard to reach areas. I could also use them for face paint, I think, or for really thick cream products.

There are probably other sponges in ToSave that are better than these. Unfortunately, I just picked the wrong ones to try. These are cute and colorful and all but at the end of the day, I'm looking for something I could actually use, not just to display or look at. Oh well. 

You May Also Like

0 comments