Old Glam Vibes: Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Ultra Lipstick in 04 Vintage Red

by - Wednesday, November 21, 2018


Shiny bullet, shiny tube.

I haven't reviewed an Elizabeth Arden product for a while now so lemme add a new one to the list. I feel like their skincare line and perfumes always receive more love than their makeup line so here I am with a lippie of theirs because why not?

Most of their lipsticks are targeted more on mature women, I think, and that's evident on their lipsticks' shades and finishes. Not all women likes the current favorite lippie finish and formula (which is matte and liquid) so it's nice that the brand has lippies that aren't drying and complicated to use. My mom personally likes EA lippies because they glide on really well without drying her lips out. Plus, their lippie bullet tubes are so classy!


Case in point: EA's Ceramide Ultra Lipstick in 04 Vintage Red. How Old Hollywood is the tube? It just screams 1920's/1950's vibes to me and I am obsessed with it. Seriously, I just can't stop staring at it.

Elizabeth Arden's Ceramide Ultra Lipstick line is for adding shine and moisture to the lips to make them look more full, plump, and younger. The line has Volulip™, a lip plumping agent, and Ceramide Triple Complex that strengthens, soothes, and re-texturizes the skin. So yes, this is definitely a lipstick + lipcare in one especially targeted for mature women.


Vintage Red is somewhat a complex but overall nice shade. The way I see it, Vintage Red has a warm red-orange creme base with a purplish sheen on top. The purple sheen isn't that visible once it's on the lips but it does give shine and somewhat a highlight.

Texture-wise, as expected, the lipstick glides on very smoothly. It has a much thinner consistency than a regular creme lipstick and definitely glossier. On the lips, it feels quite comfortable and it doesn't feel drying at all. If anything, it feels too watery, at least for my liking, like it has no grip on the lips. I feel like putting it on top of a lipliner would prolong it on the lips but I think that way would make it less moisturizing. Coverage is sheer but buildable to medium and yes, it transfers and smudges, like a regular bullet lipstick.


I think on me, Vintage Red looks a bit off. I don't know whether that's because of my age or my skintone but it's definitely not a "me" color. My mom rocks this, though. (Take note: mom is on her 60s and has a lighter skintone than mine.) I can see how this lippie is mature woman friendly: the shade is muted yet still pops, it's moisturizing, and it doesn't highlight lip cracks and dry patches. It makes the lips look healthier and alive without looking too made up. 

Overall, this is definitely a nice shade for, but not limited to, mature women. I personally wouldn't mind getting a more "me" color on this line because I like the formula of this lippie, especially for everyday. Plus that gold lipstick tube? Girl, count me in.

You May Also Like

0 comments