No Meat Mondays: Curried Chickpea Sandwiches

by - Monday, November 26, 2018


Light and easy.

 I love making sandwiches on days when I just don't feel like cooking. One bowl sandwich fillings are such a God-send so I always make sure I am stocked with recipes of them. I particularly love cold fillings on hot toasted bread- so darn delicious.

I'm very familiar with egg and tuna salad sandwiches but it's my first time trying something with curry and chickpeas. I never thought curried mayo and chickpeas go well together! Curried mayo is like a cousin of wasabi mayo, one that I absolutely love too. Surprisingly, it's not too overpowering and spicy, and the addition of cilantro and raisins added sweetness and freshness to the filling.

This is such a quick dish to whip up when you just can't be bothered to cook and a nice alternative to the usual egg salad sandwich. I'm pretty sure you can also do this recipe with boiled eggs but I personally love it more with chickpeas. Again, best served with newly toasted bread and with your choice of veggies. Enjoy!


Curried Chickpea Sandwiches
(adapted from Amuse-Your-Bouche.com)
Yield: 2 sandwiches

1 small can (225g) chickpeas, drained, skinned, and rinsed
1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
3 - 4 tbsp mayo
1 tbsp raisins (or sultanas)
1/4 - 1/2 tsp curry powder (I used yellow curry powder)
salt and pepper, to taste

bread or buns of choice
additional veggies of choice like lettuce, cucumber, or red onion rings


1. In a bowl, combine all filling ingredients. You can also quickly pulse the chickpeas beforehand if you want a ground meat-like texture.

2. Refrigerate filling for several minutes to set, about 10-15 minutes or more.

3. Serve filling on hot bread along with veggies of choice.

You May Also Like

0 comments