A Decathlon Haul

by - Wednesday, July 31, 2019


More sportswear and equipment coming right up!

You know what store I kept visiting while I was in Singapore? Decathlon, specifically the one in City Square Mall. If you didn't know, Decathlon is, no big deal, the largest sporting goods retailer in the world, with stores in 49 countries. Go to one of their stores and you'll know right away that it's heaven for everyone who has an active lifestyle, or at least trying to.

What I love about Decathlon is that it caters to all. It has products for every type of sport, exercise, and outdoor activity known to man. But I guess the one thing I love most about it is affordability. Their products are top notch but cost at least half the price of their branded counterparts. For example, their tri-pack mini resistance bands only cost Php260. Sure it's from an unknown brand, but it's definitely cheaper than the Booty Bands PH mini bands I got or the CORE bands I always see in Toby's Sports. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Booty Bands PH bands but let's be honest, they're both mini bands at the end of the day that function just the same, you know?

So anyway, when I went to Singapore, it just so happened that every store was on sale for the month of June and that sale kind of trickled down to July. I love it. Cotton On was on sale, H&M was on sale, Pull & Bear was on sale. But Decathlon on sale? Man, it's a different ballgame. 

Welcome to my Decathlon damage.

Disclaimer: Just want to let you know that I didn't buy everything in one go. I went to Decathlon three or four times, one of those visits was with my sister who paid for some of the items in this haul. This post is definitely not sponsored. Also, the links for the items are from Decathlon PH as some of the items are gone from the Decathlon SG site.


My search for a swimsuit prompted me to visit Decathlon. My fam and I were bound for Legoland Malaysia and our pass included the Water Park. I didn't want to spend more than S$20 for a swimsuit so after looking around, mom and I headed to Decathlon, hoping to find cheap swimwear. 

I think it's safe to say Decathlon didn't disappoint.

Originally, I opted to for a bra-shorts combo. I got a Women's Swimming Bikini top and a pair of Women's Swim Jammers from the brand Nabaiji and both items are for aquafitness. How couldn't I get them when they cost S$5 each? I tried both to see if I got the right size (plus points for Decathlon, btw, for letting their customers fit any swimwear) and I found that M-L was perfect for the bra and L-XL for the shorts. 

Due to self-consciousness and not-yet-there self-confidence with my body, I ended up not using the combo for swimming. However, I still got them because they were perfect exercise-wear. The bra is super supportive and the shorts are the perfect length for me, not to mention perfect for squat exercises. And you know how I LOVE shopping for gymwear. I ended up getting one of each again on my next visit. (Except for the shorts- I got a size L on my second purchase).


Thankfully, I got a proper swimsuit I ended up using in Legoland. I got the Leony One-Piece Swimsuit, also from Nabaiji. It's simple, it's black, and most importantly, it's cheap AF. This swimsuit? I got it for only S$6.90 (might even be 6.50, I think). Sure I had to dig deep to get the size I fit in but it was worth it.


These shirts are such a score I had to buy it thrice. These are plain and simple 100% cotton Pilates shirts. Each shirt was only S$3.50 and I got two in baby pink and a white shirt (which was bought for me by my sis). I know for a fact that I won't use these for pilates- I'll be using it for everyday wear, mostly for layering. These are so good and soft and just real basic, I can't wait to wear them.


Okay, this next purchase is so hilarious, it's my absolute favorite. I have here a pair of Newfeel black and white walking shoes. The kicker? It's from the kids section. How I was able to get a pair of sneakers in the freaking kids section is beyond me! I was just browsing Decathlon's sneakers that were currently on sale and the ones in the women's section was just not my cup of tea in terms of color and style. However, when I saw these black ones, I knew I had to get it; I just had to do a double take on the section I got it from! These sneakers are quite bouncy and they're so comfy to walk in. Can't believe I got it for only S$15!


Next, I got a simple Domyos fold down bag to use as a carry on bag for my flight back to Manila. I always have a duffel bag as a carry on because I think it's easier in terms of weight. I didn't bring the one I always use with me to Singapore so I figured to just buy one that's cheap but does the job. This bag is flimsy, not gonna lie, but it's very lightweight and very roomy inside. I was able to stuff a lot of things in it and it didn't unravel on me so that's great.


I can't go to a sports retailer store and not get any exercise equipment now, can I? I did a quick inventory in my head of the items I already have back home before browsing the gym equipment area. Honestly, that section, along with the yoga/pilates section, is my jam. The amount of equipment in that area is spectacular. I was so close to buying ankle weights, foam rollers, and a medicine ball...until I remembered my check in luggage weight limit. Maybe next time!

What I did get are things that won't weigh much- pilates bands. I have always planned to get these pilates bands (or "ribbons" as I like to call them) so I can compare them to mini bands, I just haven't found any affordable ones until now. I got a light band and a medium band to start with. I didn't get the hard one because I had a feeling I won't use it that often and it would end up like my hard mini band- unused. 

And that's pretty much it! I think this is a pretty good haul. Everything fits and everything will be used. I can now do band exercises! I CAN'T WAIT.

You May Also Like

0 comments