What I Eat in a Day: Birthday Edition!

by - Tuesday, September 15, 2020

 


A year older today. :)

So. I turn 27 today! I thought of just posting selfie to celebrate this day but I thought I'd do something more fun- like creating a post solely about the food I eat today. I've always wanted to do a blog form of "What I Eat in a Day" and today's the perfect time to do that because what I eat today is more interesting than the food I eat on a regular basis. Today's more special, and in a way, more indulgent (-ish). 


Breakfast:

Woke up quite early to a very rainy morning- ahh, I love rainy mornings. I went to church to hear mass (it's also Our Lady of Sorrows feast day today) and after, my parents and I decided to order breakfast from McDonald's via drive thru. I ordered what I always order in McDo: a sausage mcmuffin (without egg) and an apple pie!


The only thing I consume every single day is a mug-full of freshly brewed coffee (currently using Barako ground beans) with a splash of oat milk and a level teaspoon and a half of brown sugar. Usually I drink it just like that but I nowadays I find myself adding an additional ingredient: a dash of cinnamon! I swear, cinnamon in coffee is just so. good.!

Lunch:
I decided not to order out for my birthday but instead, I'll cook lunch! I've always wanted to cook enchiladas so that's what I did!  My birthday lunch was a hearty homemade Mexican dish and I absolutely loved it. Also, not bad for a first time attempt! This was really fun to do. A bit tedious, but fun nonetheless.


Please note that the beef enchiladas aren't just four huge pieces: they're actually stacked! The 4 pieces above were the last ones, and below there are 7 more pieces. I know I should've placed them in a longer pan but hey, file that under things to remember next time. 😝

The beef enchiladas recipe I followed was from RecipeTinEats and it was really good! The only difference I did was that instead of using beans with the filling, I just added corn kernels. Also, I discovered that refried beans are so delicious! Perfect addition to the filling.

Also, to complement the enchiladas, Mom made a simple slaw of cabbage, carrots, and onion with a lemon and olive oil dressing. Simple yet delicious.
Lunch plate! I had another enchilada after this haha!


Another thing I decided to make: my birthday cake! Well, technically, a birthday cheesecake. We usually do just a chilled cheesecake but for today I decided to do a baked one. Again, not bad for a first time attempt but I definitely found some things to improve on.
 


Afternoon Snack:
 I usually have tea in the afternoon but for some reason I wasn't really feeling it today. Instead, I decided to have a small amount of muesli soaked in oat milk.

Dinner:
For dinner, my dad was kind enough to treat dinner. We went for our favorite restaurant: Ca Phe Saigon. My dad is a big fan of their Pho and my mom is a big banh mi fan so that's what they ordered. I decided to go for something I've never tried before: the Beef Stew noodles. We also got chicken goi cuon or fresh rolls! An absolute must.

Mom's chicken banh mi.

Noodle kits and the chicken fresh rolls.

Mom and dad split the seafood noodle soup and the banh mi.

I had the small size of the beef stew noodle soup.

And you already know what the dessert was: yep, another slice of the blueberry cheesecake! Can you spot the specks of lemon zest? 😉

I've always celebrated my birthday with my parents and I am so thankful that I get to celebrate this year with them again. Although everyone's in lockdown/quarantine at home, I still had a great time- I mean, with all these good food, how can I not? Also, super thankful for my mom for helping me cook our lunch. She did almost all the prep, all I had to do was cook the enchiladas. #BestMomEver
Ending the post with a kiss from my good boy.


Here's to 27! 🎉🎉🎉




















You May Also Like

0 comments