Last Year's Europe Trip: Paris, Part Two

by - Thursday, December 24, 2020


Day eighteen.

(For other Pilgrimage photos, click here.)


DAY EIGHTEEN: PARIS

So. Here we are on the last day of our Marian Pilgrimage and back to the City of Love, Paris. To be honest, the last day was pretty short because our flight back to Manila was in the afternoon so we had limited time to do more sightseeing on foot. We ended up having a guided tour/sightseeing tour in the comfort of our bus. 


OOTD alert! Here's a selfie because I felt cute that day. Haha!

Before that, let me just share some photos of the last church we went to: the Chapel of Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal

The Chapel of Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal is where the apparition of the Blessed Virgin Mary to Saint Catherine Labouré in 1830 happened. The Blessed Virgin requested to Saint Catherine to create a medal: the Miraculous Medal. The Chapel was built in 1813 and completed its renovations in 1930. 




The Chapel also contains two uncorrupted bodies:
Saint Louise de Marillac and the heart of St Vincent de Paul. They were the founders of Daughters of Charity of St Vincent de Paul.

Saint Catherine Labouré.




After that, we went on our bus sightseeing tour! Enjoy some pics around Paris on our way to the Eiffel Tower.


First stop: the Arc de Triomphe, located at the center of Place Charles de Gaulle. The monument in honor of the people of fought and died in the French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars. It also contains the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier from World War I. It was built in 1806 and was completed in 1836.


Onto the next location!

One place that I wasn't able to see up close and personal was the Louvre which is honestly such a shame. I swear, if I ever get to go back, I'll dedicate at least 2 days of my trip just walking around this museum (PS. Yes, just two days, maybe three. There are more sights to see in Paris, you know!)!



Last stop: the Eiffel Tower, of course! Built between 1887-1889, it was used as the entrance to the 1889 Exposition Universelle. The tower was named after engineer Gustave Eiffel. The tower has three levels, and its topmost level is the highest observation deck in the EU.

After that, we pretty much went straight to the airport. Honestly, half a day in Paris wasn't enough so it was pretty bittersweet to be leaving. Thankfully, the airport came through and lifted my spirits up. I'm not leaving Paris without tasting the real deal: Ladurée macarons! I opted not to get the boxed macarons because I just knew these macarons will be gone in a snap. Ahh, I miss you, Parisian Ladurée macarons!!!

And that wraps up my 2019 Europe Trip/Marian Pilgrimage. Thank you to everyone who checked out my posts and took time to just browse through them. I gotta say, my favorite places in this trip are: Siena, Seville, Lisieux, Salamanca, and Monaco. But honestly, just leave me in Italy and I'll be good, haha!


Til next time and have a very Merry Christmas!! xx


PS. Here are some chips I went gaga over while in Paris. I should've hoarded this haha!


You May Also Like

0 comments