Love, T: Spreading Love, Warmth, and Cheesy Goodness, One Jar At a Time

by - Thursday, September 23, 2021


For a creamy experience, this way please!


 If you've seen this post I made back in January, then you already know that one of my goals this year is to support local businesses as much as I can. Whether it's a beauty brand or an apparel brand, as long as it's local, I'll support it. My favorite local business to support, though? Anything food related! 

 One of the good things that happened during this pandemic is the boom of the local food scene. The number of home-based food businesses that offer new as well as reimagined classic flavors is very exciting, isn't it? When the pandemic hit in 2020 there was a sudden surge of homemade goods and the number of mango floats, ube halayas, breads (remember the ube cheese pan de sal trend??), and minimalist cakes available on social media platforms were pretty impressive- overwhelming at first, not gonna lie, but impressive nonetheless. Come 2021, the food biz isn't done yet and it has expanded beyond baked goods. Buckle up, people, we're in for a very delicious ride! (But don't forget to sanitize before digging in!!)

Today, I am so excited to feature a fairly new online food business that offers the creamy and cheesy taste of a dream come true in a jar: Love, T.


One reason why I'm so excited to share Love, T here in this blog is because not it's not only a local business, it's a local business started by family. Teresa de Guzman (or Tere for short, Spunky, as we fondly call her) is the girlboss behind Love, T and she also happens to be my aunt (yep, you read that right! Spunky is a cousin of my mom so that makes her, technically, my aunt. But since she's just 4 years older than me, she's more like a big cousin to me than an aunt haha!). Our side of the family is very food-centric (all thanks to Inay, our beloved Bautista matriarch who, from the stories I've heard from Mom, my other grandmas, and aunts, was a great homecook and a foodie way before that word was even a thing) so I wasn't that surprised when I heard about Spunky's new venture. She launched Love, T back in August with just a few bottles of cheese pimiento and now, Love, T is growing and expanding and it makes me so excited and happy to see her succeeding in something she's passionate about. 

To celebrate this new product's release, I chatted with Spunky to know a bit more about her brand, her newest product, and what's to come for Love, T.

Love, T + Tere


Sha: Hey Spunks! Thanks for taking the time to do this! So let's start at the very beginning. Starting a business, especially during a pandemic, is hard and challenging. What made you decide to get into the food business?

Tere: So I’ve worked in the advertising industry for almost ten years now and it’s a really stressful world, as in dito ko nakuha yung anxiety ko and all. But i stayed for so long cos I know I belong in the creative industry (sayang naman ang pa-painting lessons sakin ni mama since 3yo ako kung di ko magagamit diba haha).

Anyway, things got immensely harder when the pandemic hit. Nadala ko yung stress sa bahay cos I’ve been working from home since 2020. But I’ve decided to quit talaga kahit wala akong back up plan nung May 2021 cos I can’t handle the stress and anxiety na. I just really wanted to rest and not do anything. So since then until late August, halos maubos ko yung what little money I have saved kasi wala talaga kong job. I needed to reset talaga and rest. And you know naman na hindi mura ang cost of living namin cos I have Toby, I have a househelp and I have a house to maintain.

But ang main motivation ko talaga is Toby. Narealize ko ba kung ako lang magisa sa life kaya ko naman to just wing things kaso hindi pwede kasi I have Toby. Na kailangan ko gawin yung best ko for him kasi he’s the only one I have left.

So ayun. Nagising ako sa katotohanan at nagdecide akong literal na tingnan ang cookbook ni Mama na handwritten pa talaga niya and I only planned on selling a small batch of whatever I can make from her recipes. Hindi long term yung plan ko tbh, gusto ko lang may pambili ako ng gamot ni Toby. That was enough for me.

But then things unexpectedly exploded and now I feel na Mama has been guiding me. Na baka ito pala talaga ang purpose ko kasi dream rin to ni Mama talaga diba. Di lang niya nafulfill. So baka ako pala dapat ang magtupad non. :)

(So I’ve worked in the advertising industry for almost ten years now and it’s a really stressful world, like this is where I got my anxiety and all. But I stayed for so long cos i know i belong in the creative industry (the painting lessons my mom got me since I was 3 would be a such a waste if I didn't use it, right? haha

Anyway, things got immensely harder when the pandemic hit. I brought the stress home cos I’ve been working from home since 2020. But I’ve decided to ultimately quit even though I don't have a back up plan last May 2021 cos I can’t handle the stress and anxiety already. I just really wanted to rest and not do anything. So since then until late August, what little money I have saved was almost depleted since I didn't really have a job. I needed to really reset and rest. And you know that our cost of living isn't cheap cos I have Toby (her brother), I have a househelp and I have a house to maintain.

But my main motivation ko really is Toby. I realized that if it was just me, I can just wing things but since I have Toby, I can't. That I need to do my best  for him kasi he’s the only one I have left.

So there. Finally realizing my reality, I decided to literally look at the handwritten cookbook of Mama and I only planned on selling a small batch of whatever I can make from her recipes. My plan wasn't long term tbh, I just wanted money to buy Toby's medicines. That was enough for me.

But then things unexpectedly exploded and now I feel that Mama has been guiding me. That maybe this is my purpose because this is also Mama's dream, right? She just wasn't able to fulfill it. So maybe it's me who needs to carry it out. :) )


Sha: Everything really comes back to family, no? Family will be your inspiration and cheerleader talaga in life.

Tere: Oh yes yes yes. But more than anyone in the family, si Toby talaga. Kung ang inspiration ko ay si Mama, si Toby naman ang motivation ko.

(Oh yes yes yes. But more than anyone in the family, it's really Toby. If my inspiration is Mama, Toby is my motivation.)



Sha: I know that your brand and business were inspired by one special person in your life. But for those who don't know it yet, what's your inspo behind the name, Love, T?

Tere: Short story is this:

Yung longer story behind the brand name is actually this: I really love writing notes kahit nung bata pa ko. I love leaving random scribbled notes to people whether sa school at work or kahit sa bahay and i would always use the sign off “Love, T”. As in yun talaga ever since.

So nung kailangan ko na ng brand name, I just felt na sobrang fit ng Love, T kasi sobrang pasok siya sa lahat. Pasok siya in a sense na naging signature ko na siya and that it doesn’t show my name talaga and happy ako dun kasi nga si Mama naman talaga ang inspiration nito.

And if you come to think of it, you can replace the T with the names of anyone in the family — Tess, Tere, Toby, Tony — so parang the love that comes from our whole family. :)

Food as love letters from our home. That’s my vision.

(The longer story behind the brand name is actually this: I really love writing notes ever since I was a kid. I love leaving random scribbled notes to people whether sa school and work or even at  home, and i would always use the sign off “Love, T”. That was it ever since.

So when I needed a brand name, I just felt that Love, T was the best fit in everything. It fit in a sense that it became my signature that it doesn’t really show my name and I'm happy with that since Mama is my inspiration for this.

And if you come to think of it, you can replace the T with the names of anyone in the family — Tess, Tere, Toby, Tony — so it's like the love that comes from our whole family. :)

Food as love letters from our home. That’s my vision.)

Sha: Me: Awww, I love that story! It shows, in a way, that Love, T isn't just about one person or a business inspired by just one person. Love, T represents your whole family and in a way, is an embodiment of your family's love and dreams.

Tere: Exactly, bb. And that’s why it’s more than a brand for me. LOVE talaga siya.

(Exactly, bb. And that’s why it’s more than a brand for me. It's really LOVE.)


Sha: Now that you're  in the food biz world, can you give me an idea of what your day is like now that you're running a growing business?

Tere: Hahahaha sobrang iba iba compared to when I had a job in advertising.

Parehong nakakapagod mentally and physically pero when it comes to Love, T, hindi nauubos yung passion ko. Excited ako everyday kahit alam kong mapapagod ako and that I’ll be spending my own money to test out new stuff.

On a daily basis, I’d normally start the day really early to make batches for the day’s orders. After that, I have them delivered na. Tapos move naman to social media to make sure I maintain my presence and I respond to all inquiries. One woman team talaga. Hahaha. After non, I check my supplies and monitor my expenses. I make sure to place orders in advance para hindi ako nauubusan ng raw materials.

After that, I fulfill my other to dos in my list like improvement on branding, think of possible partnerships and promos, think of possible offers this holiday season at sobrang dami pa. As in hindi tumitigil ang utak ko kakaisip. Kahit patulog na ko, kung ano ano parin iniisip ko talaga. Haha. That’s why I also keep my laptop and my huge notebook close at all times para madaling maglagay ng mga notes and added reminders.

But I think the biggest chunk of my energy goes to R&D. Expensive siya for me cos i don’t have a lot of money naman para makapag test so challenge rin siya sakin on how to make things work despite my limited resoources. Like for CP & J, it took me 11 tests before ko siya naperfect. Pero naeenjoy ko yung process kasi naeexercise ko yung creativity ko and naaapply ko yung mga tinuro ni mama sakin. Pag minsan na feeling ko hopeless na, i really pray to Mama and tell her to guide me na para maperfect ko na yung gusto ko gawin. Awa naman ng Diyos, nalaunch ko na tong second variant hahaha.

(Hahahaha it's so different compared to when I had a job in advertising.

Both are very tiring mentally and physically but when it comes to Love, T, my passion doesn't run out. I'm excited everyday even though I know I'll be tired and that I’ll be spending my own money to test out new stuff.

On a daily basis, I’d normally start the day really early to make batches for the day’s orders. After that, I have them delivered. Then (I) move to social media to make sure I maintain my presence and I respond to all inquiries. It's really a one woman team. Hahaha. After that, I check my supplies and monitor my expenses. I make sure to place orders in advance  so that I don't run out of raw materials.

After that, i fulfill my other to dos in my list like improvement on branding, think of possible partnerships and promos, think of possible offers this holiday season and so much more. My brain doesn't stop thinking.  Even when I'm about to sleep, I still think of different things. Haha. That’s why i also keep my laptop and my huge notebook close at all times so that it's easy for me to take jot down notes and added reminders.

But I think the biggest chunk of my energy goes to R&D. That's expensive for me cos I don’t have a lot of money to test so it's also challenge for me on how to make things work despite my limited resoources. Like for CP & J, it took me 11 tests before I was able to perfect it. But I enjoy the process because it hones my creativity and I'm able to apply the lessons Mama taught me. But sometimes when I'm feeling hopeless, I really pray to Mama and tell her to guide me to be able to perfect what I want to do. With God's mercy, I was able to launch the second variant hahaha!)

Sha: To be honest, I can totally feel the passion and hard work you put into your business. I feel like you don't settle for "pwede na"; you take the time to make your products and brand better at every possible moment and I think that's why people love what you put out.

Tere: Huhu thanks Shash and it’s true. Di ko kaya yung so-so lang. Magagalit si Mama!! Hahaha!

(Huhu thanks Shash and it’s true. I can't settle with just "so-so". Mama will get mad!! Hahaha!)


Sha: Speaking of products, most people who start a food business usually sell baked goods like breads or cakes but you totally went the other way with your debut product. Why cheese pimiento?

Tere: Nako I did it for practical reasons — I know it’s good, it’s easy to make and it’s something na alam kong marami na sa friends ko ang may gusto so I started with it.

Last year, I tried selling a lot of cooked food — puttanesca, beef stroganoff, bread pudding etc. pero grabe yung pagod ko and i didn’t have a team naman so feeling ko hindi lang efficient if I went with that route.

(Oh, I did it for practical reasons — I know it’s good, it’s easy to make and it’s something that I know a lot of my friends already like so i started with it.

Last year, i tried selling a lot of cooked food — puttanesca, beef stroganoff, bread pudding etc. but it was just so exhausting and I didn’t have a team so I felt that it woudn't be efficient if i went with that route.)

Sha: Any fond or early memories with cheese pimiento?

Tere: HAHAHA ang lagi kong sinasabi sa mga friends ko who taste it for the first time eh staple palaman siya sa bahay at binabaon ko na siya ever since pre school ako! Lahat ng classmates ko favorite rin siya and pambansang baon ng family natin pag may outing or reunion! Hahaha

(HAHAHA I always tell my friends who taste it for the first time is that it's a staple (sandwich) filling at home and it was always what I brought to school ever since I was in pre school! It was a favorite of all my classmates and it was our family's national packed lunch for outings or reunions! Hahaha!)



Love, T's OG product is the creamy and oh so cheesy cheese pimiento and trust me, there's a reason why it's selling like hotcakes. It's always freshly made with real and simple ingredients (and I quote: "cheese, pimiento chunks, loads of butter and a teeny tiny bit of mayo and raw sugar") which makes this cheese pimiento really delicious and well-balanced in flavor. It goes well with pretty much anything- breads, crackers, wraps, eggs, carrots and celery- anything. One bottle isn't enough! 


Sha: How would you describe Love, T's cheese pimiento in 3 words? And what do you think sets your cheese pimiento apart from other commercially-available ones?

Tere: Shash di ko maisip yung three words haha but if i were to describe it:

-brings back childhood memories

-perfect combination of sweet, salty, creamy but chunky

But what sets it apart is that hindi ko talaga siya tinipid. Actually mas important sakin yung quality kesa yung price kaya when I first sold it, super lugi ako cos I didn’t think the pricing through. Hahaha. Hindi pala ko kumikita! 

(Shash, I can't think of three words haha but if i were to describe it:

-brings back childhood memories

-perfect combination of sweet, salty, creamy but chunky

But what sets it apart is that I didn't skimp on it. Actually the quality was more important to me than the price so when I first sold it, I lost a lot cos I didn’t think the pricing through. Hahaha. I apparently wasn't earning money!)


You know what's better than the OG cheese pimiento, in my personal opinion? Its spicy counterpart. Introducing Love, T's newest product, the CP & J! It's the same cheese pimiento we all love but with added herbs, olive oil, and chunks of jalapeno for amped up flavor and kick! I'm a sucker for anything spicy and the jalapeno just elevates the cheese pimiento experience even more. 10/10 would recommend! 

Sha: Let's talk about your new product,  the CP & J! Can you tell me a bit about the process you went through in finding the right balance of creamy, cheesy, and spicy?

Tere: Haha as I've said, this took me 11 tests to perfect. Nakailang patest rin ako sa iba ibang tao and I had to ask for guidance on how I can improve pa. Ang main motivation ko to launch this is so I have a product naman na maanghang since a lot of people like spicy food. I initially wanted it to taste like my pimiento — pinaanghang lang but got surprised rin na ibang iba yung kinalabasan and that kahit ako, na-inlove sa kanya hehe.

(Haha as I've said, this took me 11 tests to perfect. I also held several taste tests with different people and I had to ask for guidance on how I can still improve it. My main motivation to launch this is so I have a product that's spicy since a lot of people like spicy food. I initially wanted it to taste like my pimiento — a just spicier version, but I was also surprised that the outcome was so different and even I fell in love with it.)

Sha: Me: The jalapeno + basil combo was a surprise to me I think that's why I really liked the CP & J. I feel like it's something that belongs to a gourmet shop, you know? It's not your basic pimiento variant. 

Tere: Naisip ko lang rin i-add yung basil nung dulo na cos I didn't want naman na pure jalapeno and cheese lang. Hahaha parang cheese jalapeño chips dip lang.

(I only thought of adding basil in the end cos I didn't want just pure jalapeno and cheese. It's just like a cheese jalapeño chips dip!)

Sha: I absolutely loved catching up with you and knowing more about Love, T but I know you're uber busy with life and the business so here's my last question for you: What's next for Love, T?

Spunky: Just more from Mama’s personal cookbook so everyone must watch out for it. :)



So- are you hungry and craving for some rich and delicious cheese pimiento yet or what?? If you're already itching place an order (or two!), go click on the icons below! (One is linked to Love, T's IG page, one is linked to her Facebook page.)  

Oh, and also don't forget to follow Love, T on both socials!



A little throwback pic of us! :)


YAY, you made it here! As a little thank you, Love, T and I have a little something for you! Use the code WELOVET100 to get ₱100 OFF your order with a minimum spend of ₱500 (SF excluded). Code's valid until SEPTEMBER 30, 2021 so place your orders now!




You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Free from Herpes just in 2 weeks

    The best herbal remedy

    You can contact him …………

    r.buckler11 {{@gmail}} com,,

    ReplyDelete