Paint the Town Red With EYCCBEAUTÉ Love At First Wipe Matte Lip Stain in Hot Girl Summer

by - Wednesday, July 06, 2022




Red hot.

Hello and welcome back to yet another lippie feature! 

I don't know if I ever mentioned this somewhere in my blog but I am currently on a self-imposed no buy on makeup. I feel like I already have a lot of makeup products to use up, plus the new makeup part of my drawer is getting fuller by the minute so I probably should stop getting more, you know?

Lol, joke's on me though because I've recently broken that ban haha! Y'all already know what can make me break it- yep, lip products!

A few weeks back, EYCCBEAUTÉ reached out to me and introduced me to their newest product collection, Love At First Wipe. It consists of 4 powder matte lip tints made with ingredients like Aqua, Veg Glycerin, Colorant, Kaolin, Flavorant, Vitamín E., Talcum & Preservative. The tints are Vegan & Organic, Paraben & Cruelty-Free.

Since the brand is fairly new, I thought I'd give them a shot and try their tints. I got two shades first to try out, starting with Hot Girl Summer.


Packaging wise, the tubes look like Issy and Co's Hydragloss and Detail Cosmetics' Jelly Lips, although I find that the Jelly Lips' tube feels a bit heftier and thicker than Love At First Wipe's.

LAFW also has a different shaped doe foot applicator. If the Hydragloss has a curved, almost-C shaped one and the Jelly Lips has a chunky one, LAFW has a flat rectangular one. I didn't really find it hard to apply the product with this kind of shape so that's good.


Hot Girl Summer is described as a deep brick red. Personally, this kind of red is my cup of tea so I think this shade's great. For a tint, I was quite surprised that it has a medium opacity at first swipe. I was able to reach quite a full opacity at my 2nd and 3rd layer.

Hot Girl Summer also has a sweet, candy-like scent. Tastes quite sweet too!


Not gonna lie, its formula shocked me. I was expecting quite a thin but creamy formula (kind of like GRWM's Milk Tints) but LAFW's texture is like a cross between Colourette's Colourtints and a traditional,  rollerball-style lip and cheek tint. Does that make sense? Like, it's thin and pigmented like the Colourtints but watery and slippery like a lip and cheek tint. 

Because its formula is thin and quite watery, it's so easy to build and layer this tint up. I thought it'd feel thick and heavy on my third and fourth layer but nope, it still feels lightweight. 

The LAFW tints have a powdery matte finish but it doesn't feel too drying like a liquid lippie. With this tint, you don't really need to go heavy with your lip care since it has a very forgiving texture and finish. (Although if you have extreme chapped lips, a quick exfoliation and balm beforehand won't hurt.)

I also like that this tint works really well with my other lip products, whether they're cremes or mattes.


So far, this lip tint is pigmented, thin, lightweight, and comfy- what's the catch? Well, I kind of found a couple.

One, it's not a long-lasting lip product. It evens says in the EYCCBEAUTÉ site that this tint "fades gently and leaves a soft and natural color that lasts all day long." So even though it dries matte, it doesn't necessarily mean that it's budge-proof. This feature proves that this definitely is a lip tint, not to be confused with a liquid lippie.

Second, I find that when I layer it too much, the tint has the tendency to move and become patchy especially when I purse and smush my lips too much. When I smush too much, the product on my top lip become patchy because it transfers to my bottom lip. I don't think I've experienced this with my other lippies before so I thought I'd take note of that and mention it here. '


That said, now I know why Hot Girl Summer is a bestseller. It's a gorgeous red that's perfect on its own and especially for gradient lips! I find its formula really comfy and lightweight and honestly, you can't beat that pigmentation. So glad I went ahead and got this shade because I think I have a new go-to lip product for my gradient lip! Yay!


You May Also Like

0 comments