Tickled Pink with EYCCBEAUTÉ Love At First Wipe Matte Lip Stain in You Do You

by - Tuesday, August 09, 2022

 


Light pop.

Last month, I featured one of the two EYCCBEAUTÉ Lip Stains that I got: Hot Girl Summer which is a brick red. This kind of red is definitely up my alley so I was pretty pleased with it. So glad I went ahead and got this shade!


Today I'll be featuring the second EYCCBEAUTÉ Love At First Wipe Matte Lip Stain that I have: You Do You. Since Hot Girl Summer is already a very pigmented and bold color, I thought I'd choose another shade that's more on the DL, something that's good for everyday. Since pinks are my choice of MLBBs, I went ahead and got this shade to try.

Again, this product is 100% vegan, organic, and paraben and cruelty free.


You Do You is described as a nude pink shade. On the tube, it really does look like a straightforward nude pink shade; however, once I applied it on my lips, You Do You now looks more of a light peachy pink. It's a shade I don't usually go for since I like my pinks more muted but it's a nice shade for a change nonetheless. I do think it has a brightening effect against my skintone which I'm all for!


You Do You's formula is just like Hot Girl Summer's: thin and a bit watery but packs a lot of pigment. In terms of finish, both have a non-drying matte finish but I noticed that You Do You's matte finish looks more obvious as compared to Hot Girl Summer. Maybe it's because You Do You is lighter in color that makes the matte finish more seen and a bit less forgiving (in appearance anyway). Lip prep definitely needs to be done beforehand with You Do You because dry patches and flakes will definitely be highlighted with it. Alternatively, I find that adding a bit of a gloss on top will soften the matte finish and will add a bit more dimension to this lippie as well.

Just like Hot Girl Summer, this lippie can be a patchy when layered heavily and thickly and when you smack or smush your lips too much. Thankfully, this lippie is easy to remove so you can easily reapply it when it needs fixing. 


The Love At First Wipe Matte Lip Stains aren't the most longlasting lip products out there but I really like their thin and light formula that's just very comfy on the lips. The matte finish is also really good too since it doesn't feel very drying or cement-like on the lips. They're great for layering as well which is nice. Not bad for EYCCBEAUTÉ's first product collection!


You May Also Like

0 comments