New Fave Base Alert: Sunglow by Fresh Crème Tinted Sunscreen in Medium

by - Friday, September 02, 2022

 


Latest discovery, current fave.

If we're talking tinted sunscreens, I think the last one I used was Stila's Sheer Tinted Moisturizer, around 2010-ish, I think? I remember that it was very thin and fluid and has a sheer coverage and since I had it in the deepest shade, it was definitely very orange on me. Thankfully, I don't have any photos of me wearing that product because that was NOT giving. At all. 

I've forgotten all about tinted sunscreens because my interest shifted to proper foundations, from liquid to stick to powder, then to BB Creams, then back to foundation again. Now that I'm older, I like bases that let my skin breathe, have buildable coverage, and most importantly: contain SPF. I absolutely love the GRWM Radiance Tint as my base because it's lightweight, it looks like skin, and has a medium coverage right off the bat; however, it doesn't have SPF and since it has a matte finish, it doesn't really look good on my skin when it's on its combination-dry phase. 

I got into tinted moisturizers again thanks to the Luxe Organix Ultimate Defense Tinted Sunscreen. I really like that base as it's lightweight, has SPF, has a dewy finish that goes well with my sometimes dry skin, and it's really just easy to blend out and wear. However, the shade that I have, Tan, doesn't match my skintone at the moment. I can always mix a lighter base with it but that can be tedious and I can't exactly do that when I'm in a rush.

Thanks to the beauty community on TikTok, I found the next tinted sunscreen to try: the Sunglow by Fresh Crème Tinted Sunscreen!

This tinted sunscreen is described as an on-the-go sunscreen that provides an all-day coverage that gives you a radiant, glowing, and natural-looking skin. It has SPF50++++, ensuring ultimate protection against UVA and UVB rays.

Its key ingredients include centella asiatica (boosts antioxidants that help treat skin impurities), sunflower oil (promotes skin's moisture retention), and niacinamide (improves pore appearance, fine lines, wrinkles, uneven skintone, and skin dullness).

This tinted sunscreen is made in Korea and has 50ml of product.


The Crème Tinted Sunscreen comes in three shades: Fair, Medium, and Deep. It may only have three shades but I think they're shades that'll match a lot of skintones, especially here in the Philippines. Fair can match those with light-medium skintones (might be a bit dark for those with a pale skintone, though); Medium is a true medium; and Deep is surprisingly deep, almost like a contour/bronzer shade. The shades are definitely more of a neutral-yellow tone, very Filipino skintone-friendly.

Medium is surprisingly a good match on me. It didn't turn out as light as expected and it blended well on my skin. Since it's yellow-toned, it has a subtle hint of brightening on my olive skintone that definitely made my skin look less dull. Medium was true to color on my skin and it while it does look a bit light on initial application, it settles eventually but doesn't really seem to oxidize on me.


Formula-wise, I was expecting for it to have a similar texture to Luxe Organix's or BB Cream: thin and fluid. Surprisingly, this one has a thicker consistency, very creme-like, but it's so easy to blend out, no matter what tool you use. This tinted sunscreen also has a baby powder-like scent to it, similar to Luxe Organix's. 


One reason why I wanted to try this sunscreen was because of the claim that it has a medium-full coverage. And you know what? It's true! Most of the tinted sunscreens in the market has a sheer to light coverage but this one's pretty much got coverage like a foundation! I only use one to two pumps-worth of product and it easily covers up my redness, hides my pimple scars on my chin and nose, and evens out my skintone pretty well. You'd think that something that has a medium coverage would look cakey and obvious no the face, but nope, my skin still looks like skin but so much better as it's glowy and more even in tone! So good! 

 Plus the best part is that it feels so lightweight on the skin. Honestly, sometimes I feel my setting powder more haha! Speaking of setting powders, you definitely need to set this product for it to last longer. Since it doesn't dry down or have a liquid to powder matte kind of finish, it'll move and transfer more if you don't put powder on top of it. I usually set it with either a loose translucent powder or a powder foundation, depending on whether I want more coverage or not.


For everyday use, I think I prefer this tinted sunscreen over my GRWM Radiance Tint! I just love how fuss-free this is to use and that I get coverage, glow, AND SPF protection all at the time. I think I'll reserve the Radiance Tint on days when my skin is more on the normal-oily side and on days when I want my base to look extra flawless. But for on-the-go moments, Sunglow by Fresh Crème Tinted Sunscreen is definitely my best base option. So glad I hopped on the hype train for this product because it's so so good! 

You May Also Like

0 comments