Sampling Samples: Issy & Co Active Concealer Blister Pack in Light to Medium

by - Monday, September 05, 2022

 


Shade match made easy.

Most of the samples I've been featuring are skincare so I'm pretty excited that I finally have a face makeup sample to feature here!

Earlier this year, Issy & Co launched the Blister Packs, samples containing different shades of their Active Tints and Active Concealers. The tints and concealers both come in 9 shades with varying undertones so it can be pretty confusing which shade to get- which exactly makes the Blister Packs such a brilliant product to have. 


The Blister Packs are comes in two "shades": a Light-Medium and a Medium-Dark. Today, I'll be featuring the Active Concealer Blister Pack in Light to Medium.

To recap, the Active Concealer is described as a "hydrating oil-free concealer that visibly brightens, provides medium to full coverage, and helps soothe skin." Its formulation, which contains a complex blend of humectants and antioxidants, is eye cream-inspired, making the concealer hydrating and calming to irritated skin.


So this is what the Blister Pack looks like. The concealers are in a tablet-looking pack sealed shut but a peel-off foil sticker/backing. I know that this is a sample but I wish the packet was resealable. There is an ample amount of product per slot and I can pretty much use them more than once so I feel like it's better if the pack is somehow resealable. It'd be such a waste for the concealers to dry up, just saying!


The Light to Medium pack contains the following shades: 

FN1 - Fair with neutral peach undertones

FN2 - Light medium with neutral undertones

FW1 - Fair with warm undertones

MO2 - Light medium with neutral peach undertones

FO2 - Light with olive undertones

MW2 - Medium with warm peach undertones

 

On my skintone, I spy three shades that I that I definitely work with: FN2, FO2, and MO2 (and also maybe MW2). FN2 is a shade that I can potentially use all over my face, like what I do with my GRWM Radiance Tint; FO2 seems like a good undereye brightener; and MO2 looks like a good corrector since it's peach-toned. MW2 seems like a shade I can use if I get a bit more tanned so I'm reserving that.


I only used two shades for today's demo. After applying my base (my fave, Sunglow by Fresh Creme Tinted Sunscreen), I applied MO2 on my undereye area for a bit of correcting. I initially blended the concealer out with my damp sponge but it seems to sheer out when I use it. I found out that using my fingers to blend this concealer out is better! 


After blending out MO2, I now added FO2 to brighten up my undereye area without it looking too light. FO2 isn't that light but it's enough to add brightness to my undereyes. If you want your undereyes to look brighter and lighter, I recommend using FW1 instead.

(PS. I've yet to try FN2 all over my face but I'm sure that it'll be a close match to my skintone; if not, I can mix a bit of MO2 to darken it a bit.) 


Thanks to the Blister Pack, I, more or less, have an idea how their Active Concealers are in terms of pigmentation, formula, texture, and longevity. Most importantly, I now know which shades work on me so I can now confidently get a full-size tube of the Active Concealer! No more shade guessing yay!

You May Also Like

0 comments