Deep and Glowy: Luxe Organix Ultimate Defense Tinted Sunscreen in Tan

by - Wednesday, April 13, 2022

 


For that glowy morena vibes.

I don't know about you but I'm an absolute sucker for freebies. Today's product, for example, is one and I can't wait wait to talk about it.

Luxe Organix's Aqua Daily Sunscreen is still my go-to sunscreen for everyday. A month has passed since I started using it and I still have quite a lot of product left in the bottle. It has everything I'm looking for in a sunscreen that I can honestly say that it's a product I'd 100% repurchase again. Having said that, I'm not really here to talk about that. I'm here to talk about the freebie it came with, Luxe Organix's Ultimate Defense Tinted Sunscreen.

It has been a hot minute since I last purchased and wore a tinted sunscreen. I think the last one I had was the Stila Sheer Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 30 and it was around the time that I was still getting into makeup, so circa 2009/10-ish?? I don't know, I guess I kinda forgot they existed once I started trying out different bases so it's nice to be able to try another one again after 10 years haha!


The Ultimate Defense Tinted Sunscreen has SPF50 PA+++ that provides UVA and UVB protection from the harmful rays of the sun. Its formula also has antioxidants like galactomytes ferment filtrate and vitamin C that help keep the skin hydrated and radiant all throughout the day. It also promises a lightweight feel, smooth finish, and no white cast. This sunscreen is also alcohol and paraben free.


If I'm not mistaken, this tinted sunscreen has 4 shades but the freebie that's attached to the Aqua Sunscreen only comes in one default shade: Tan, aka the deepest shade. Not gonna lie, I was worried that Tan would look too dark on me but then it also dawned on me that my face is actually lighter than my body so I had hope that Tan will somehow make my face match the rest of my body. 


At first, I thought Tan would have a strong orange undertone that'll make me look like an Oompa Loompa but the more I wear it, the more I realize that Tan is actually more of an olive / golden undertone. What surprised me was that the longer I wore it, the more it settles and becomes more natural-looking. Like, sure, the initial application can be quite alarming given its deep tone but then it somehow reverse oxidizes and becomes lighter(??) and settles into a more natural-looking skintone. I keep asking my mom every time I wear it if it looks unnatural on me but she always says that it's just like the rest of my body's skintone and you know what, I agree! The shade Tan doesn't look too off on me and that's pretty fucking cool if you ask me.

Now, let's talk about formula. The Ultimate Defense Tinted Sunscreen has a similar consistency to a liquid foundation, only this one feels lighter. I had no problem applying and blending this product out because it's very smooth and gets absorbed into the skin quite easily. I've actually tested this product with a damp blender, paddle brush, and my fingers and so far, my fave tool to use are my fingers! It's honestly just like applying a moisturizer, that's how easy this one blends out- and evenly, if I may add!

This sunscreen has a light to medium coverage which I like because there's no way I'd wear a tinted sunscreen with a full coverage on a daily basis! It actually feels very lightweight on the skin and gives a slight dewy finish on the skin. Since it doesn't dry down to a matte, setting it with a powder is a must to avoid transferring. Also, so far, it hasn't caused any breakouts on my face so yay!

Let me just say that because of its tone and formula, this is now my go-to base for my makeup looks here in the blog! It just photographs beautifully and gives me such a glowy tanned look without looking too much of a mask. For example, I used Tan as my base in these photos from my Little Snow review. I didn't set my base here so this is Tan in its unpowdered glory:


If there's one thing this product reminds me of, it's a tanning lotion. The kind that's easy to apply and transforms pale skin to a glowing golden tan. I absolutely love its formula and consistency and I like how it's very easy to work with. I still personally feel that Tan's a bit too dark on me so I think I'll get a lighter shade and mix it with this one to achieve a more accurate shade match. But honestly, I already think that Tan is a superb shade, just from the fact that it's void of any orange tones. Out with the orange and in with the gold / olive, yes? 

You May Also Like

0 comments