Rosy Glow: Cathy Doll x Hello Kitty Cotton Shine Blusher in Frozen Peach

by - Wednesday, September 14, 2022

 


Hello, Kitty!

You guys, after years of avoiding blushes, here I am, entering my blush is life era! I don't know why but for some reason, I am now obsessed with putting color to my cheeks, whether it's contour, brontour, and yes, blush! I realized that I've been avoiding blushes because they remind me of my SLE flareups (aka the butterfly rash!) but turns out, I just have to get a blush color that complements my skintone: for me  so far, it's anything orange/peach! Orange hued blushes just hit differently and they're the ones I'm partial to at the moment; pink blushes, better keep up!


I went on a little cheek product shopping last month and let me show you the blush that I can't get enough of: Cathy Doll's Hello Kitty Cotton Shine Blusher! This blush is described as a "pressed powder blusher that enhances the apple of the cheeks with fine shimmer for a delicate, magical flush." Its features includes a pigment-rich, ultra smooth, and featherweight formula that glides easily on the cheeks, giving them a vibrant and glowy flushed look. 

Upon checking, I found out that this blush's 2 primary ingredients are mica and talc. It also has dimethicone, glycerin, and Camellia Japonica Flower Extract.


Before I dive into the blush itself, can we talk about the packaging first??? I mean, it's pink and it has Hello Kitty- super cute and super eye-catching! Thing is, even though it has a fun and bright packaging, it doesn't look and feel cheap. The compact feels sturdy and shuts tight, which is good, although admittedly, this compact can be a bit chunky. But that's alright, I'll just make space for this cutie patootie.

Inside, we have a mirror and a powder puff that sits on top of a lid for the blush! I won't use the puff for the blush although I think I'll use it for applying setting powder instead.


The Cotton Shine Blusher comes in two shades, Frozen Strawberry and Frozen Peach. Since I love anything orange toned on my cheeks, I went with the latter shade. To be honest, I was expecting Frozen Peach to be, you know, strong on the orange tone that's similar to Vice Co's Shala or NARS Montezuma, but turns out, Frozen Peach is more of a pinky peach that's heavy on the pink. It kinda looks like a pinkier and lighter version of NARS Orgasm and a more baby pink version of Benefit's Galifornia. 

It does have shimmers in it but they're soooo fine and almost undetectable unless you look up close. I usually go for matte blushes but I really don't mind this one!


As promised, this Cotton Shine Blusher is pigment-rich but still buildable. The blush has a smooth texture that glides and stipples pretty easily on my cheeks. I don't have any trouble blending it out and even though it's a shimmery blush, it doesn't really highlight the pores. I've used shimmery blushes before that got all my pores on display and thankfully, it's not the case with this one. This blush also doesn't move my base underneath. 


Frozen Peach was something I didn't expect to LOVE, to be honest. Again, pink blushes aren't my cup of tea but I just love how this blush looks on my cheeks. It's giving fresh, youthful, glowy, and effortless- and girl, I am living! Because it's already shimmery, it's like I already have highlighter on- and the perfect amount at that. Uggh, Frozen Peach is soooo gorg!


Okay, Cathy Doll, I see you! I though that this would be a "pretty packaging, crappy product" case but I'm so glad that the blush itself is a good one! It applies smoothly, is pigmented, gives a glowy and youthful look, and most importantly, made me love blushes even more! Frozen Peach is such a nice everyday blush that goes really well with my skintone- so glad I took a chance and got this!


You May Also Like

0 comments