Hello, Fluff and Texture: Dear Self Beauty Betterbrow in Brianna

by - Monday, September 12, 2022

 


It's a good brow day, y'all.

Who would've thought that one bad brow day would make me purchase yet another brow product?

Long story short, while I was getting ready, I had a mini breakdown all because of my brows. For some reason, the brow pencil I chose to use was just not working and not giving what it's supposed to give, IYKWIM. It was messing up my brow hairs and not filling in the gaps and no matter how much brushing I did, it was just making my brows look thick, dark, messy, unkempt- it was not cute and I was transforming into an ogre by the second. I even tried to fix it by using a brow powder to fill in the gaps but even that couldn't save my brows. So overall, I was stressed, had a breakdown, had a mini break, then I went on and got myself a new brow product.

For a change, I got something that isn't a pomade, mascara, or pencil. I got.....a brow soap! And a tinted one, at that.


I've always wanted to try brow soaps but most of them are clear- nothing exciting or anything. I feel like I already have a few clear brow mascaras that do the same job so why would I get yet another clear brow product? However, Dear Self Beauty released Betterbrow, a line of brow soaps, back in March and they've been in the back of my mind ever since. And now, I finally have one!

Betterbrow is a DSB's brow soap that promises fluffier and bushier brows with a long-lasting hold. It is enriched with Castor Oil that helps with hair growth, as well as Argan Oil that makes hair thicker and healthier.

Betterbrow contains 20grams of product and retails for ₱189 a pot.


Betterbrow comes in a metal pot with a twist cap. It feels sturdy and more importantly, cute! You also get a disposable spoolie as well.


Betterbrow is available in 5 shades: a clear one and 4 tinted ones. I opted to go for Brianna, the second to the last shade which is described as a deep brown ashe. 


I thought that Brianna and Colourpop's Cool Cocoa would be similar shades but side by side, I think we can all agree that Brianna is warmer and predominantly brown toned than Cool Cocoa. Both shades are great for dark haired guys and gals, though!


Betterbrow's texture is pretty much comparable to glycerin soaps. It's kind of hard but melts the more you work/scrub it. It's not as waxy as a brow pencil and not as thick and pigmented as a pomade. I actually find it very beginner-friendly as it's easier to use than your usual brow products. It's kind of like a brow mascara in a way, except you have more control over it and it's not as wet.


I mainly want to use Brianna as a standalone brow product filler than a brow tamer and I find that the best way to do it is by following DSB's instructions.

After filling my spoolie with product, I brush my brow hairs in the opposite direction.


I now brush my hair up and on the same direction it grows.


After that, I shape my brows and pretty much fix it the way I want. 

And tada! Bushy yet neat and subtly filled in brows. (For a more filled in look, you can always use a brow pen or a brow brush + pomade to fill in the gaps on your brows.)


 I absolutely love how Betterbrow make my brows, well, better! I like that it's buildable and prevents your brows from getting too tinted and filled in from the get go. I also like that while it tints your brows, it also brushes and grooms the brow hairs effortlessly, giving you that bushy brow look. Its hold is surprisingly quite strong so you can achieve laminated brows with this product. I personally like using this as an on-the-go brow product to groom and fill in my brows without them looking too filled in or on fleek.

On the brows, Betterbrows feels really lightweight and it doesn't make my brow hairs feel stiff and crunchy! 

It's worth mentioning that I did notice that the Betterbrow applies better and smoother and adheres to my skin more if my brow area is dry and void of oil. The grip just lasts longer when the area is dry so as much as possible, I apply this before I do my base. I also make sure I really pat the areas down with a either tissue or blotting paper to get rid of excess oil before brushing this on. 

Overall, Betterbrow is a hoot! It does a great job in giving me texture and fluffiness on my brows, plus the tint it gives is a beaut! I just know that I will be using the hell out of this product because it's just such a breeze to use. I like that I get to use it on its own and as a brow tamer, plus Brianna's shade will just pair well with my other brow products. This brow product is such a steal and I'm so glad that this is my first ever brow soap in my stash. 

Now I wonder if I should also get DSB's Claybrow...


You May Also Like

0 comments