Comfy Mattes: Dazzle Me Misty Matte Lip Creams in Encounter, Rose Manor, and Desert Sunset

by - Tuesday, August 22, 2023

 


Back again with some more lippies, featuring Dazzle Me!

    Two months ago, I featured Dazzle Me's Glossip Girl Lip Creams, lippies that have the pigmentation of a liquid lipstick and the shine of a gloss. Now if those aren't your cup of tea and prefer something that's more on the matte side, then you'll probably like their other lip product line, the Misty Mattes!



The Misty Matte Lip Creams are non-sticky and non-drying matte lip creams that set to a soft-matte finish. These lip creams are infused with hyaluronic acid, jojoba seed oil, and shea butter, ingredients that make the Misty Mattes comfortable and hydrating on the lips. Their formula is deemed as "foolproof", making them mask-, smudge-, and waterproof. 

Each Misty Matte Lip Cream retails for ₱255.




Just like Glossip Girl, the Misty Mattes come in a hot pink tube that's just bright and popping to the eye! Unlike Glossip Girl, however, the Misty Mattes have a different kind of applicator. Instead of a slanted doe-foot, Misty Mattes have a reservoir tip applicator, where there's a hole or a divot in the middle of the applicator. This kind of applicator can carry more product in it and hugs the lips better than a traditional one. 


The Misty Matte Lip Creams come in 6 shades but I'll only feature three for now: 02 Encounter, 05 Rose Manor, and 06 Desert Sunset.


02 Encounter is a salmon nude that's perfect for a MLBB moment. This is the kind of shade I'd reach for on a daily basis as it's something that's easy to wear and easily complements my skintone.


I didn't expect to fall in love with 05 Rose Manor, a muted rosewood, but I did! I absolutely love its rich red tone with that rich brown undertone in it. It's a shade I'd reach for if I wanted to make a statement for sure!


Lastly we have 06 Desert Sunset which is a desert brown shade. At first I thought I wouldn't like this one because I'm not a big fan of shades with an orange tone to it but surprisingly Desert Sunset works! I like how brightening this shade of brown is and it makes a good alternative to Encounter for day use.



Now let's get to the nitty gritty details of the Misty Mattes' formula, shall we? 

Starting with its coverage- I have no complaints. These lip creams are surprisingly pigmented and remind me so much of NYX Cosmetics'! Coverage is about medium to full, with Rose Manor being the richest and most opaque.

Texture-wise, these have a thin consistency as compared to other lip creams. The glides on smoothly and thinly and not as mousse-y as, say, Vice Cosmetics' Velvet Liquid Lipstick. The Misty Mattes' consistency is comparable to Detail Cosmetics' Matte in Detail and Rimmel's Stay Satin Liquid Lipstick.


These lip creams are claimed to be mattes that are lip-loving, non-drying, and non-sticky- which are, in all fairness, true. I've encountered quite a lot of liquid lipsticks through the years and the Misty Mattes are definitely comfier on the lips than most. They are lip CREAMS so yes, they're creamier and don't dry down as much as other liquid lippies. 

Its matte finish is more forgiving and feels less matte, if that makes sense. If I can describe its matte-ness, it feels like a cream to powder finish and to an extent, like a velvet matte. It's matte to the touch but feels softer and not as dehydrating on the lips. However, just because they're a softer matte doesn't mean they won't be drying at some point. After around 4 to 5 hours of wearing the Misty Mattes, I felt like my lips need a splash of hydration. Upon checking how they're doing on my lips, I found some areas cracking or settling on my lip lines. Thankfully, these lip creams are easy to remove so all I had to do was reapply them and they're good as new! (Highly don't recommend piling layers on top of layers as these will make your lips crustier and drier!)

Finally, let's talk scent. The Misty Mattes do have a scent which I can only describe as candied rose- sugary, rosy, sweet. It's a nice scent, one I don't mind at all.


Oh and I've tried two ways of applying the Misty Mattes on my lips: one with a lip brush and one with my fingers. I didn't want to use the applicator directly but that's just for hygienic purposes. Anyway, between the brush and my fingers, I prefer the finish I got with my fingers. I got a thinner layer with my fingers and I feel like the lip creams just blended better as compared to using a brush. However, using a brush gave me a more even and opaque coverage, so the lip creams are bolder and full-on on my lips. (I used a brush on the photos above).


 Between Glossip Girl and Misty Matte, I think I prefer the Misty Matte more just because I personally like more pigmented lip products. However, in terms of hydration Glossip Girl wins because it's literally has a gloss component, you know? If matte lippies are your thing, you'll like Misty Matte because they're comparatively comfier on the lips than most matte liquid creams but just as pigmented. Shades are quite good and can definitely complement most skintones. They do get a little drying after a time but nothing a balm or gloss or oil can't fix. Overall, I do like them and yes, I'm already considering getting the other three shades! 

You May Also Like

0 comments