Sampling Samples: QUICKFX Eyelift Cream

by - Wednesday, August 30, 2023

 


(Under)Eye care.

    Okay, two things I'll be taking more seriously when I enter my 30s: sunscreen and eye cream. I'll admit I've been forgetting sunscreen lately so I want to make it a habit, just like applying moisturizer and my nightly serum (I know, leave it to me to remember my serum at night but not freaking sunscreen in the morning). Eye cream, on the other hand, is kind of new to me since I never really incorporated it fully to my routine. I mean, the last time I finished an eye cream was back in 2016 I think? But since I'm entering my thirties, this is the era where I need to take care of my skin more and eye cream, I feel, is essential. Not really for fine lines but more for hydration of my under eye and a little help with my dark circles and puffiness. So to start my eye cream journey off, I figured I'd start small and cheap.


    My eye cream of choice is the QuickFX Eyelift Cream, which claims to "help reduce the appearance of lines, dark circles and puffiness, and refine and tone areas around the eyes." This eye cream has two active ingredients: niacinamide, which moisturizes and lightens the skin, and also reduces fine lines and the appearance of skin aging; and ellagic acid, an antioxidant that helps improve skin elasticity and suppleness.

The Eyelift Cream is available in two sizes: a 30g tube and the one I have right now, the sample-sized 10g which retails for ₱59.


    Appearance-wise, this eye cream looks like most of the eye creams in the market: an opaque white that has a lotion-like texture that's not runny but also not too thick and creamy. The Eyelift Cream is very easy to apply and spread, and it also gets absorbed by the skin quickly. I put mine in the fridge and I just love how soothing it feels on the eye area.


    I've been using this eye cream for more than two weeks now, both day and night, and I can already notice the difference: my undereye area actually feels smoother, softer, and more hydrated. This makes a whole lot of difference especially when I apply my concealer. My concealer just blends better and it doesn't look as dry and stiff as before. My skin also doesn't feel as stiff and rough which is just great!

I also noticed that my undereye area isn't as puffy anymore. It feels a little bit flatter and in a way, it does feel a bit more toned. However, I really can't say if this eye cream helped with the darkness of my undereyes. To be fair, my dark circles have always been a problem so I'm thinking it's really about my  genetics and the fact that I can't seem to sleep early lol. This isn't the first eye cream that didn't work on them haha!


    Overall, if you're a beginner with eye creams, the Eyelift Cream is a nice product to start with. I like that it really does a good job in moisturizing, depuffing, tightening my eye area. Love how this improved the overall quality of my undereye- not bad for a drugstore product! this was a good buy. If you're a skincare connoisseur or you need a product that'll address your concerns ASAP, I think you'll find this cream on the milder side. This isn't a "use in 7 days and see the difference!" kind of eye cream so it'll take time and constant use to see if it actually works. So if you don't mind the slow, steady process, try this product out! 


You May Also Like

0 comments