Long-Lasting Liners: Vice Cosmetics Anneganda All Day Gel Liner in Intenz Black and Soft Lang Brown

by - Thursday, September 14, 2023

 


Local liners.

    Ever since I learned how to line my eyes, my go-to would always be a gel liner, specifically those that are potted like MAC's Fluidline or the Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner. Gel liner plus a really sturdy angled brush made lining my eyes easier and quicker. Like, cat eyes all day, everyday.

    However, I feel like potted gel liners aren't that popular anymore. Or at least I don't see them used that much anymore by makeup artists and beauty creators so it's sad to see potted gel liners become so rare in the market now. One thing I liked about these liners is their life-proof formula so it's hard to find a replacement for them. Most eyeliners nowadays are in pencil or pen form, something I'm not really used to, and sometimes their formulas aren't up to par. BUT! I'm happy to report that I have found pretty good gel liners in the local beauty market!



    Here I have Vice Cosmetics' Anneganda All Day Gel Liners, retractable cream gel liners with a high-performance formula that promises full-on pigment, smooth glide on the skin, and all day staying power. Each liner retails for ₱225.

    (Note: these liners are part of the Anneganda collection but they are also now included in Vice Cosmetics' main product roster where they're called On The Daily Lasting Liners. Same formula, just different branding.)



    These liners come in three shades: Intenz Black, Soft Lang Brown, and Fresh Yan White. I have here the first two shades (with Soft Lang Brown quickly borrowed from my mom's kit haha!)



    As you can see, these liners do pack a punch in pigment, especially Intenz Black! I love that it's very opaque and that you don't need to build it up! Soft Lang Brown is perfect for those who love a subtle or soft liner. This one's also good to use for a dolly look (or on your brows, if you're like my mom lol)!



    Formula-wise, these liners are creamy and so easy to work with. They just glide so smoothly and I don't ever have to drag or put pressure at it at all. I do like that it doesn't set immediately and that it gives me time to blend it out, drag it out with a brush, or to correct/erase any mistakes. When it sets, though, it sets. It won't budge or smear for hours. I'm happy to report that these liners, especially Intenz Black, sets really well on the tightline and waterline. It didn't budge at all even after wearing for hours and even after I took a lengthy nap. (Yes, this is the one I use to tightline whenever I wear falsies and mascara!).



    Having said that, I just want to talk about a downside of the liners' creamy formula: they sadly are prone to breakage. I've experienced it breaking off while applying my liner and whenever I'd sharpen them. Between Intenz Black and Soft Lang Brown, I noticed that Intenz Black is softer and is more prone to snapping off. 

    Another downside is that their tips can dull very easily. The only reason why my winged liner on the photos above look sharp is because I had to use my angled brush and a pointed Q-tip soaked in makeup remover. There's no way that I could do a very sharp winged liner with the liners alone because by the time I need to do the wings, the tips are already blunt and rounded. I know I could just sharpen them but since again they're prone to breaking, I'd rather just go the angled brush + Q-tip clean up route.



    As far as gel liners go, the All Day Gel Liners are good. They're affordable, creamy, intense in pigment, and most importantly, they last very long on the eyes. They're not waterproof but are more water-resistant and only smudges when you really rub it. They're not the easiest to use and require light-handedness but I'd still gladly reach for them if I really wanted a liner that'll last me for hours. If you need a liner for your waterline and tightline, I highly recommend these. Pretty impressive how they last long on those areas! 


You May Also Like

0 comments