Brushed Up Arches with Lucky Beauty Brow Grip in Clear

by - Wednesday, November 15, 2023

 


Laminated brows, here I come!

    Y'all. I did it. I finally FINALLY purchased a proper brow gel to fulfill my brow laminating dreams. I know it took a long time but hey, we're here.

Recently, when it comes to my brows, I prefer them brushed up and groomed as opposed to filled. For some reason, I can't be bothered that much anymore to fill and carve them out like I used to! I reserve the filled-in on fleek brows for special occasions but for everyday, I prefer gels or soaps. Tinted or clear, doesn't really matter; I just want my brows brushed and groomed. Plus, again, gels and soaps are easier to work with and I like the effect they give to my brows. I usually go more for brow soaps but they can be such a chore to use, you know? I wanted something quick and doesn't involve a gazillion tools so I finally caved in and got myself a new brow gel!  



    Lucky Beauty's Brow Grip is a "water-resistant clear gel conditions brows and allows them to lay in the desired shape until cleansed off." This can be used to set and/or laminate the brows.

    The Brow Grip retails for ₱299 and contains 8ml of product.



    Packaging is simple and pretty and I love that it isn't bulky or too long. Love the matte white with the gold contrast- quite chic, if you ask me. The applicator/spoolie is a curved plastic-toothed brush on one side and a smooth flat surface on the other. The former is for brushing the brow hairs and applying product while the latter is for setting/pressing down the hairs for lamination.

    Unlike other brow gels I've tried before, the Brow Grip isn't a clear gel. It's more of a milky white gel that really reminds me of glue. Though it starts as a milky white when applied on the brows, it eventually turns clear once it dries or sets.


    I really like how lightweight this brow gel is. It's very easy to apply as it's not too gloopy or tacky and it doesn't clump up that much. More importantly, it really does a great job in holding the brows in place. On my brows, once I brush my hairs up, they pretty much stay up. I also like that this brow gel doesn't make my brows crunchy and stiff- hate when brow gels do that!

    I do have to note though that this doesn't last for hours. At some point, you'd have to touch your brows up if you want your brows to stay up or laminated. I think mine lasted for 4/5-ish hours before my brows started slowly drooping.


Love using this on my brows for no makeup makeup days! Whether I use it for laminating or grooming, this brow gel ensures my brows are locked in every time.


    For my first legit brow gel, Lucky Beauty Brow Grip is worth it! It works really well on my brows and it feels so lightweight I forget I even applied it haha! I also like how unique its brush-slash-applicator is, and how it makes laminating and grooming so easy. If you're looking for a good brow gel that works, Brow Grip is a good one to start with. Definitely a good purchase (and one I might actually repurchase!)

You May Also Like

0 comments