Top Coat for the Holidays, Top Coat on the Go

by - Saturday, December 28, 2013

 Hey there! The past few days were blur mainly because everyone was busy and on the go. It's a problem for those who want to paint their nails (like me!) really because obviously you don't have much time to wait for your polish to dry. Thankfully, I found this uh-mazing top coat that solved my problem.

I recently got the Quick Dry & High Shine Top Coat from Catrice Cosmetics. I wasn't expecting anything from it really; I just wanted a top coat that I can use after painting my nails with colored polish. I also wasn't sold on the "speed dry formula" because everything that claims to dry quickly just doesn't. Again, I just wanted a top coat. But you know what, this amazed me!

The first thing I noticed was the consistency. It was like water! It doesn't have the thickness of a regular polish. It was runny and fluid. But I guess that's what makes it quick drying. Yes, it does dry pretty quickly! I waited for about 1-2 minutes (I waited by playing a round of Word Scramble. That game is so addicting!) and it was dry and smooth and shiny. I applied it when my nail polish has settled already. Don't apply this (or any top coat) on top of your colored nail polish immediately; make sure the colored polish has settled or semi-dry. Applying top coat on a wet nail polish is just disastrous and messy!

Overall, I'd give this polish a 4/5. It dried quickly, gave my nails shine, and it didn't create those irritating bubbles you get with other top coats. If you're a sucker for quick dry top coats or you just need one because you're always on the go, this one's worth the try.

I got this at Guardian Plus in Takashimaya SC for S$5.95.

What's your favorite/go-to top coat?

You May Also Like

0 comments