Yay For New Make-Up Products.

by - Friday, November 12, 2010

  I got two new make-up products today. I've been looking for a pigmented black eyeshadow for some time now, and finally I got one. I know I told my sister in Singapore to get me one but I know too that I'll have it when she comes home next month. Anyway, the reason I want to have a pigmented black eyeshadow is because I saw a make-up tutorial by MakeUp Geek called "Holiday Party Makeup". I got really interested in trying it and I might even wear it on Christmas. Marlena used MAC's Dark Soul pigment as the main lid color. Since MAC is pricey especially for me who is still studying in high school, I opted for a cheaper alternative. Thankfully, I found Ever Bilena's Cream Eyeshadows (95php/ $2.17). Ever Bilena is a known makeup brand here in the Philippines since it's affordable.




  The set I chose was Larissa, a combination of green, silver, and black. There are more trio tubes available like yellow+sky blue+black, pink+purple+black, etc. I chose this trio because I needed silver AND black. Silver because I'll be replacing the gold color from the tutorial so that my makeup will match my dress. Black because I need it. I am in love with this cream eye shadows. Black is super pigmented. Maybe because it's cream based, I don't know. Nevertheless, I like it because these eye shadows can double as an eyeliner. Hmm, eyeshadow + eyeliner in one? Not bad at all. It's also funny because the lid of this tube has a built-in eye sponge in case you don't have an eye shadow brush.  I also checked if it was waterproof. Surprisingly, it is! The downside is it doesn't have a matte finish. It's a bit sticky but it maintains its color which is good.




  The next product is Careline's Eyeshadow Duo (100php/ $2.29). Unlike the cream eyeshadow, it's not waterproof. On the brighter side, it's pigmented and shimmery. I got this duo because the yellow eyeshadow looks like a gold shimmering eyeshadow which is perfect for the tutorial. I also love the bronze eyeshadow. Too bad they didn't have a silver one :( There are other duo combinations as well and they sell quads (165php/ $3.78). The colors are lovely, trust me.




  Gosh, I can't wait to use these products!


You May Also Like

2 comments