63rd Birthday Bash

by - Tuesday, December 07, 2010

  Uh, no, it's not mine. I celebrated my birthday three months ago. Read it here.

  My dad turned 63 yesterday, December 6. Mom prepared a mini-feast for the three of us. We ate dinner at around 8:00 pm, since Dad attended mass. Can't believe my Dad's 63 already. He has 2 more years to work before he retires.




  See all of these? My mom cooked all by herself. BY HERSELF, PEOPLE! (Okay, maybe you're thinking what kind of daughter I am, not even bothering to help her mother. Well, FYI, you, as much as possible, I don't interfere with her when she's in the kitchen. She'd rather work alone than be helped by her kind of clumsy daughter. I help my mom when she needs me.)
  
The celebrant.

Cheers!

  Here's the roll of the food we had: mashed potatoes paired with cream of mushroom sauce, healthy noodle soup, fresh veggie salad with thousand islands dressing, Novelino red wine, and the star(s) of our dinner: STEAKS!

My steak: New York cut

Mom's and Dad's steak cut: Prime Rib

  Oh so sinful dinner. I was sooooooo......ooooo full. The last time I had steak was on my 16th birthday. Yum yum yum. I loved my steak because it doesn't have bones. It's just one slab of meat. Anyone who really knows me can tell that I hate bony foods. I like chicken breast, fish fillets, basically anything boneless. Yes, I'm that lazy.
  
  After all these good stuff and after sipping wine, it's time for dessert. Mom made my dad's favorite: Buko Salad (Young Coconut Salad). It's made from shredded young coconut, canned fruit salad, cream, and condensed milk. Not really my favorite food, but hey, it's Dad's birthday, not mine.


  My diet is now officially ruined. -.-"


You May Also Like

0 comments