Kat Von D Tattoo Chronicles Candelabra Edition

by - Tuesday, November 22, 2011

  This is my first Kat Von D palette. And I'm loving it.
  Last Wednesday, November 16, my sister and I went to Sephora in Ion Orchard to check out the new stuff Sephora has. And of course to buy this palette. I've always wanted to buy the Kat Von D palettes but the problem is that they are just available in the US and online. And I'm not really a fan of buying things online. So when I saw this, I was like, "Score!"

  When you open it, you see several pages that looks like a book/diary.

  And after that, the palette itself!

  First row: First Class, Sunset Blvd, Precious, Downtown
 I think this row is perfect for creating a warm, golden brown smokey eye. Though honestly, I think this row reminds me of the shadows from the Naked palette by Urban Decay. First Class looks a bit like Virgin. Sunset Blvd looks a bit like MAC's Goldmine but it has a more yellow tone and more shimmer. Precious looks a bit like MAC's Satin Taupe and a bit like The Body Shop's Caramel Shimmer. Downtown is kind of new to me that's why I'm fascinated by it. My shadow pick: Downtown.

  Second row: Camila, Galeano, Blackhearts, WTF
  I love this row the most! I don't have these colors in my other eyeshadow palettes so I think this row is pretty cool. There's one shadow that I don't like though: Camila. I had trouble swatching it because it wasn't as pigmented as the other and it was a bit chalky for me. Galeano is a very nice lavender-taupe shadow. Blackhearts is a nice dark plum shadow that will be perfect for the outer V and even for lining the eyes. WTF is the perfect red shadow that I've been searching for a long time. Just amazing. My shadow picks: Galeano, Blackhearts, and WTF.

Third row: Holy Bible, Speed Blue, Oddfellow, Blacksmith

I like this row too. Holy Bible has a baby blue color. Speed Blue is a royal blue shadow which i gorgeous because of a little shimmer. The last two shadows are both black. The only difference is the glitter in the shadows. Oddfellow has blue and white glitters while Blacksmith has only white. The glitters aren't overwhelming to the point of fallout. And that's a good thing. My shadow pick: Speed Blue.


Fourth row: Helsinki, Evil Monkey, Nerd, Night of the Hunter
This row is gorgeous as well. For me, this row feels homey to me, probably because of the nature vibe each shadow is giving me. Helsinki is a very light brown shadow but compared to First Class, Camila, and Holy Bible, this is probably the best highlighter in this palette. Evil Monkey is a nice crease color. It will give warmth to the eyes. Nerd is a shimmery green color. This will look nice if used on the lower lashline to give the eyes a pop of color. Night of the Hunter is the other matte shadow in this palette (Camila being the first). Unlike Camila, this shadow is more pigmented and it is not chalky. This will be great for the outer v. My shadow pick: ALL!

This is the mascara the comes with the palette: Sin-Full Lash Mascara in Puro Amor

Packaging/Appearance: ♥♥♥♥
Pigmentation: ♥♥♥♥



You May Also Like

0 comments