Driver's License ft. Rant

by - Friday, April 27, 2012

Finally, I have a valid ID already other than my passport I have a driver's license already! I was able to get it this morning in the San Juan branch of LTO. Though the process wasn't easy.


Yesterday, my mom and I went there to apply for a non-professional license. We were there at around 8:30. We were told that I need to do two tests before I apply: drug and medical tests. Can I just state that I HATE that drug test. I had to fill the bottle with urine so that they can process it. In my 3 years of doing urinalysis for my check ups, I haven't been this pissed about it. I mean, do you expect me to actually fill that bottle when my bladder's empty?? REALLY? Thanks to that and my mom's impatience, I had to chug down FIVE bottles of water to fill that stupid bottle. So yes, it took me an hour to fill that. You know what pissed me too? The fact that they didn't provide any toilet tissue papers and there's no water in the bathroom sink. WTF right? I was soooooo grossed out. Ugh. So after that, I did my medical test in peace and had my photo taken while waiting for the drug test result (which of course stated that I'm freaking drug free. DUH).

10:45 am
Anyway, after that my mom and I went to the main office where I was given an application form for the license. So I filled it all out and gave all the papers needed to the man who gave the form to me (which also involved getting my passport xeroxed). After all was done and submitted, we patiently waited for my name to be called.

12:15 pm
My mom went to Jollibee to grab lunch while I stayed and waited. My name was called twice, one for photo taking and for paying.

1:00 pm
My name was called again and told me to proceed to counter one where I received a new student's permit. I didn't think it was a big deal because my permit was about to expire tomorrow so I thought it was a requirement.

2:30 pm
I still wasn't called to go to the exam room. My mom's getting impatient already because the people I saw during my drug and medical tests were already called and/or done already and are waiting for the licenses to be released.

3:30 pm
Not gonna lie, I'm getting impatient already. I finally asked the counter man why my name wasn't called when everybody's done already. Apparently, they filed me under the Student's Permit applicants! WTF WTF WTF!?! So we wasted hours waiting for nothing?? And it wasn't even my fault! After realizing his mistake, he told us to come back tomorrow at 8 am so I can take the exam. Before we left, I had my license photo taken and paid for the exam fee. I swear my mom was very angry for all the time we wasted.

So this morning, we went back and I took the exam which was pretty easy. Paid some more fees and by 9:30 am, I already got my license. So freaking happy it's all over and done with. After that, my mom and I went to Robinsons Metro East before going home.

So there you go, story of how I applied for my license. Just so we're clear, I'm not mad at the man who placed my application to the Student's Permit division. His job isn't easy so I understand that he makes mistakes every now and then. Plus, he was really accommodating when I returned today, so no issue. Everything's good. All's well that ends well.

You May Also Like

0 comments