LOTD: Pop of Purple

by - Monday, April 09, 2012

  Heya! Today's LOTD is all about pink and purple, one of my favorite color combinations! Also, I wanted to do a summer themed look, something that is not pink/green, pink/blue, or orange/coral. So if you want to learn how I did this and the products I used, keep reading! :)

  Before everything, make sure to apply an eye primer!

1. The first eyeshadow I used was this pink eyeshadow from my Shiseido palette. It has a satin finish and it is pretty sheer but it is buildable. Used this all over the lids for a wash of color.

2. The next color is this pretty light pink shadow from my Coastal Scents-looking palette. I don't know what the brand is but I bought it from my makeup school in Singapore. Apply this shadow on top of the first pink shadow you put on your lids.

3. For my crease, I used a hot pink shadow from the same palette.

4. For the pop of purple, I first used this light purple/lilac color on my lower lashline.

5. I layered a violet shadow on top of it as well. You can either do two things: one is to apply the violet shadow on top of the lilac shadow or you can just apply it as close to your lashes just below your waterline.

6. Back to the Shiseido palette, I used this sheer yellow shadow for my browbone highlight.

7. For liner, I used this Body Shop pencil in Glowing Amethyst. I also smudged it using a brush with the violet shadow on Step 6.

8. Time to curl your lashes and apply mascara!

9. Apply blush and contour of your choice.

10. For lips, I used this pretty pink lipstick from The Body Shop. Don't let the loud pastel color fool you; it's sheer, especially when applied with a brush!

And that's pretty much it! I think it's a pretty fun look especially for summer where it's all bright and sunny. Have fun!

You May Also Like

0 comments