Catrice Kohl Kajal in #120: We Found Nemo!

by - Wednesday, March 12, 2014

 Orange you glad I'm reviewing this one? Cause I am. Come to think of it, I don't have an orange eyeliner in my kit and I never had one until I got it. I have the basic ones; blue, violet, green, silver, gold but not orange. So I thought, hey, I don't have that! I gotta have it!

 We Found Nemo! stood out from the other pencils because of its lovely bright clownfish-coralish orange hue. Also, what a cute name for a kohl, amiright? I also like that it's not a twist-type pencil because those pencils just kill me. This is a sturdy one which I really like. Because it's a kohl, it smudges easily which is perfect if you use it as a base. In my swatch photo, you can see two swatches. One's more opaque than the other, right? Well that's because I did a little trick most makeup artists/enthusiasts do with kohls: heating it up. All you need to do is light a candle up (you can also use a lighter) and heat up the tip of the pencil for a second. Literally a second, okay? You don't want to burn the pencil, you just want to melt the cream a little bit. Wait for it to cool down a bit, but not completely, and use it. It just makes a big difference! So yeah, obviously, the right swatch is the heated one and the left is the unheated one. Either way, I absolutely love it. The pencil, heated or not, glides on smoothly, is not scratchy, and is quite creamy. This is really good for something that's quite cheap!

As for the downside, I could name two. First, it's not waterproof (but then again not all kohls are waterproof). Second, because it's not waterproof it doesn't stay that long on the waterline. Other than that, this pencil's good and it's perfect for spring and summer! Bring on that pop of color!

You May Also Like

0 comments