The Where-Have-You-Been-All-My-Life Brush

by - Saturday, January 17, 2015

Is my title too dramatic for you? Haha. But seriously, that was my first thought the first time I used this brush. I have used and encountered different brushes but this one's life-changing, just like my brush favorites, MAC 217, EcoTools Bamboo Angled Eyeliner Brush, and the Royal & Langnickel Flat Eyeliner C450.


I got this brush sometime ago in 2014, but I've only used it this year because, well, I wanted to use something new. You know when you have something new and you don't use it because you're "saving" it for a certain time? I'm always like that with anything new. My certain time was when I did my very first EOTD for 2015. Perfect time, eh?

Anyway, I know you're curious already after all my blabbing. So the brush I'm talking about is Beauty Cosmetics' Angle Shader Brush/Angled Crease Brush...or something like that. The brush name was on the plastic wrapper/container but I obviously tossed that out already hence the guessing of the proper name. Angled shader brushes aren't new in the market. They've always been there, just not given a lot of attention. They're usually used on the outer v and/or crease, making eye makeup application easy. BUT not all angled shader brushes are the same.

In my kit, I have something similar- the Royal & Langnickel Angle Shader C500. When I saw this, I was like, BINGO! I thought this was the perfect brush for cheating an angled outer v. But I never got to use it on the outer v for one reason: it's too soft and fluffy. I can't for the life of me pack color on the outer v without the bristles splaying everywhere. So I use it for only one particular area: the crease. I don't use it to put color, I use it to blend out. Although, let's be real, I tend to reach for other brushes when blending's involved. *wink* MAC217/SigmaE25 *wink*

The reason why I fell instantly in love with the BC Angle Shader brush was because of its bristles. They're dense enough to be able to pack color but fluffy enough diffuse color. Also, I think the size is perfect for the crease. I can easily find my crease, thanks to this brush! In addition to that, the outer v's a walk in the park for me now. Because it's angled, I don't have to draw/sketch a "v" anymore; the brush will do all the work: create the angle, place the color, feather the color toward the middle part of the lid, and place color on the outer part of the crease. Ain't that fun?

Did I mention that it's soft? I thought it would be scratchy but it was like, "Oh hell no!" It was a pleasant surprise. I also discovered that this is officially the smallest brush I have. It didn't feel like it though because it seemed like it was a normal sized brush. Apparently it isn't a normal sized brush since it's even smaller than my Hakuhodo J142 (and here I thought that brush was small!) Despite the size, I didn't have any issues with application so the short handle really isn't a big deal.

For something very affordable, I have to say this one's pretty damn impressive. Good thing it's available locally! Don't judge if I hoard, erm kay? :D

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. i love how you desribe the dense/ fluffy balance. sounds like a really great brush! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2015/01/switching-off.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's a really good brush, can't get enough of it! x

      Delete
  2. Does it have a counterpart at Hakuhodo? - Ate

    ReplyDelete