The S$2 Cleansing Water

by - Wednesday, April 08, 2015

When I got myself a bottle of cleansing water, it was because I was on a makeup remover high. I didn't know anything about it and I definitely wasn't aware that it's a current hype in the beauty world. If you're expecting something known and pricey, read something else. But if you're someone who likes try the new hype without breaking the bank, then keep reading.

I first saw the Daiso Cleansing Water in a Tried & Tested video months ago. The demo was pretty impressive so of course I had to get a bottle to try. I mean, it's just S$2 for crying out loud. If you were unaware, cleansing water is a gentle but effective makeup remover. It doesn't have oil and it's perfect for those with sensitive to blemished skin. I guess the most popular one is the Bioderma Sensibio H2O micellar water, something that every MUA and beauty addict has on their makeup table or stash. I don't have one but I think I'll cave in and get a small bottle once I'm in SG.


So back to the Daiso Cleansing Water. I know what you're thinking: "Daiso!?" Yep, I was surprised to know they carry something like this. What don't they carry??

The packaging of the Cleansing Water is great because a). it's plastic, but not the flimsy kind, and b). it has a pump! Definitely easy to use and I don't pour so much on my cotton pad. It also has a lock at the base of the pump that ensures that you won't spill any product by accident. Genius, eh?

So I put the CW to the test. I used it to remove my eye makeup and the photo above was after the first swipe. Amazeballs, right? It removed 80% of shadow and around 40% of my waterproof mascara. Not bad for something so cheap! I did have to tug my lashes a little bit to remove my mascara but then again I always do that because the Maybelline Cat Eyes mascara is a stubborn one. I'm glad this doesn't cloud my eyes and it does sting a bit but nothing so intense. It can also take a while to remove gel liner (and any cream in general) but instantly removes any powder makeup.

Overall, I like it. It's cheap, easy to find, and does a good job. I definitely prefer it over the Bifesta Sebum Cleansing Lotion which did nothing to remove my makeup lol. The Daiso Cleansing Water costs S$2 for a 150ml bottle so that's a really good deal. Might take a while to finish this though, :)

You May Also Like

0 comments