Nail of the Week: Essence Colour & Go in #196: I ♥ My Blue Jeans

by - Sunday, December 11, 2016


Another addition to the blue polish pile.


I know, I know: blue polish again!? It's no secret that I love wearing blue polish so it shouldn't be surprising to see yet another one here in the blog. This time, the shade of blue is more muted and definitely darker, and comes with a texture.

I ♥ My Blue Jeans is from the older line, Colour & Go, which probably explains why the graphics on the bottle is almost nonexistent now. And just like some of the polishes I featured before, this is one of the quick drying ones and one of the few shades with a Suede finish. I ♥ My Blue Jeans is a dark deep blue creme, almost like a midnight sapphire/ black-blue shade. It's one of those shades that look classy and not tacky. I'd pick this over a basic black polish anytime, if you ask me!

On the swatches above, I'm wearing the polish on its own to see how the suede finish looks. To be totally honest, the appearance is more of a semi-matte. Semi because it still has some sheen after drying down. It's something but it was a little underwhelming. It feels a little fragile when you don't wear a top coat so I did after taking photos. I lost the semi-matte finish but it looked great with a shiny top coat anyway so there's that.

The formula is pretty good, as it wasn't too gloopy nor too fluid. It actually has a decent drying time, specially if you apply each layer thinly. It's pretty much opaque for the most part and two coats did the job. It wasn't messy to work with and it didn't flood my cuticles. Yay!

Overall, I like this polish. The texture was okay but I prefer it with a top coat on. The color is so right up my alley, I know I'll wear this a lot. What a nice addition to the stash! x


You May Also Like

0 comments