Sampling Samples: Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Daily Facial Lotion & Night Renewal Cream

by - Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Sampling some skin care.


I haven't been feeling well these past few weeks so it's really no surprise when my skin looks a bit dull and feels a bit blah. For the most part, I'm pretty simple with my skin care: facial wash, moisturizer, tea tree oil- that's pretty much it. But I've been looking for something new to try just to shake things up so when I saw these sachets in my stash (which are from my sister's stash; hey, sissy!), I couldn't wait to use them asap. 

Here I have two products from Palmer's: the Daily Facial Lotion and the Night Renewal Cream. Both products are included in Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula line.

First up: Daily Facial Lotion. This product claims to provide superior moisturization in a lightweight, non-greasy formula. It is loaded with good natural ingredients like cocoa & shea butters (for moisture and nourishment), Peptide Complex (supports skin structure), Vitamin E (antioxidant), aloe vera (for calming and soothing), milk proteins (for improving skin texture and tone), and evening primrose (for soothing) that leave the skin soft, smooth and radiant. Bonus part: this moisturizer has sunscreen (SPF 15) that help protect the skin from sun damage and aging.

This lotion has quite a thick consistency, definitely heavier than the water-based moisturizers I usually use. Quite like a slightly watered down sunblock, if I'm honest. But unlike sunblocks that are quite thick and sticky, this one is pretty easy to apply and spread across the face. It has a slight medicinal/natural scent but nothing too strong or bothering. 

Based on my personal experience, this product does a great job in moisturizing. Like, if you have extremely dry skin, this one's the product to use because it just makes the skin soft and smooth and hydrated. However, it leaves a film on the skin so this might not work too well for those with normal/combination/oily skin. But for those with dry skin, this will work wonders because it provides moisturization for hours. It doesn't feel too heavy on the skin but you can tell that it's there. If you were to use it under makeup, I suggest using a primer on top and a matte foundation just so the film won't move anything too much.

All in all, it's a good product if you have dry to extremely dry skin. It's excellent in moisturizing, it made my skin smooth and soft, and it's a good one to use in the morning since it has SPF. If you have normal//oily/combination skin, skip this one.

(Full size: 100ml)

Now we have the Night Renewal Cream, my personal favorite. This is product has a fast absorbing anti-aging formula with targeted skin firming and smoothing ingredients. This has pretty much the same ingredients as the Daily Facial Lotion, but instead of sunscreen, this has Retinol, an ingredient that encourages skin renewal. 

I absolutely love using this product because I wake up with soft and smooth skin in the morning! Since it's applied during nighttime, the product gets worked on the skin while you sleep so you wake up with skin that feels pampered and nourished. It doesn't feel too greasy on the skin and I feel like this gets more absorbed by the skin and feels lighter than the Daily Facial Lotion. If you like to boost up your skin or you'd like some pampering, this one's a good product to try. 

(Full size: 75g)


Both products work really well but I personally like the Night Renewal Cream more. I find the Daily Facial Lotion a bit heavy but I can't ignore how good it is in terms of moisturizing and nourishing. Both are really good for those with dry skin; for normal/combination, they might feel a bit greasy. Overall, I'm pleased I tried these because they work really well. They make my skin feel like a baby's bottom; what's not to like? 

You May Also Like

0 comments