Bioré Cleansing Oil Cotton Facial Sheets

by - Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Makeup wipes are probably one of the most travel friendly things a beauty geek could have. They're compact, meaning it doesn't take a lot of space in your bag, clutch, and even purse...hell, it can even fit in your pocket! Most of the time I bring some with me when going out and I have makeup on. It's just nice to have something that can remove your makeup that isn't bottled, bulky, and messy.



When I saw the Bioré facial sheets at a nearby Watsons branch, I decided to pick it up and try it. I first saw this in an episode of Xiaxue's Guide to Life where she, Qiu Qiu, and Miyake tried the new and improved Bioré facial sheets. I don't know why but recently I've been obsessed with makeup removers and this one is no exception.
The one that I have, which they call Handy Pack, contains 10 wipes and retails at S$3.90. According to Bioré, this new and improved edition "contains 20% more cleansing oil in each sheet for 50% less wiping on eye lashes and eye area. It is also now enriched with Hydrating Beauty Essence to give soft, moist skin after cleansing with no oily or sticky feel." Intriguing huh?
To test this, I filled in my brows with brow powder, lined my eyes with gel liner, coated my lashes with the toughest mascara I have (aka the Maybelline Volum' Express HyperCurl Cat Eyes mascara), and prior to all that I wore BB Cream (or what's left of it anyway. It was humid the day I tested this!) I tested one wipe on my right eye.

So. How was it?

Bioré Checklist:
a. "Thoroughly removes all traces of makeup including waterproof mascara without irritating or drying your skin."
- Uh, nope. It barely removed the gel liner and my mascara, which is waterproof, didn't budge at first wipe. The brow powder was easily removed but not the cream products. Thankfully, it didn't irritate or dry my skin. HOWEVER, it's not so gentle in the eyes! It stung and made my eye water like crazy. Using this to remove anything near your eyeballs may be quite hard.

b. "Minimizes repeated wiping by 50% on eye lashes, eye area, & face."
- Oh honey, all I did was wipe my face with you. *rolls eyes*

c. "No greasy or sticky feeling after use as cleansing oil does not remain on skin."
- This is true, thankfully! I didn't feel any stickiness at all. No greasy feeling too. Yay!

d. "Contains Hydrating Beauty Essence that leaves skin smooth & moist."
- Yay again! My skin felt smooth and moist after all the scrubbing.

e. "100% natural fibre sheets for a softer glide on skin."
- It did feel soft on my skin now that I think about it.

Things I didn't like:
  • It did an okay job with removing whatever makeup product it can remove. But it's not good enough for those who just want to remove the majority of their makeup in one go. 
  • It's not so great with creamy products and waterproof mascaras. Yes, this was proven by me with my Maybelline mascara and my sister with her Body Shop Big and Curvy mascara.
  • It's painful and irritating to the eyes. Aaaaaahhhhh!!!!
  • It has a strong herbal scent which kind of gives you a hint at how strong it is (on the eyes, at least!).


Things I like:
  • It's small, compact, and handy.
  • Affordable.
  • Cute pink packaging.
  • It doesn't dry out easily. It's insane! No matter how many wipes you do, it just won't dry up. Amazing!


I'm giving this a 2.5/5 because it just didn't work on me. I had trouble removing my makeup and again, it stung my eyes. Not only mine but my sister's as well. I know some people love this but I think I'm one of the few who doesn't feel the same way.

Bioré Cleansing Oil Cotton Facial Sheets come in three sizes:
Regular tub (44 sheets) - S$17.90
Refill pack (44 sheets) - S$15.60
Handy Pack (10 sheets) - S$3.90

You May Also Like

0 comments