Nail of the Week: Essence The Gel Nail Polish in #14: Do You Speak Love?

by - Thursday, September 06, 2018


My kind of red.
Red is such a classic choice of nail polish color, isn't it? There's just something about wearing red on your nails that makes you feel like a bo$$, like you can do anything life throws your way. It also gives you a feeling of sophistication, of class. There's just something empowering about the color red, whether it be nail polish, lipstick, or shoes.

One shade of red makes me feel real good is deep apple red. There's just something rich about this color that I can't say no to. And that's exactly why I'm currently obsessed with essence's nail polish. #14 Do You Speak Love? is right up my alley, color-wise. It's a nice rich deep apple red that looks gorgeous on any skintone. It's that perfect shade of red I look for in red lipsticks too because it's not too loud but it's also not too dark. It's the perfect inbetween shade.

The formula is amazing too. I've worked with a few The Gel polishes before and #14 has one of those formulas that's really easy to work with. It's not thick and gloopy at all and it just applied beautifully and smoothly. I didn't encounter any pooling at the cuticles and I also didn't notice "holes" or polish separation. It was such a dream to work with. Oh, and there was no streaking upon application too. You know what also made this amazing? The fact that this polish has an opaque coverage. One layer alone is already great. The second layer is just the cherry on top to finish it off, you get me? Amazing.

Guess I found my new fave red! Can't wait to wear this polish more, especially during Christmas season. Yay!

You May Also Like

2 comments