Active Recap: Quad III

by - Monday, September 02, 2019


3.

Welcome to Active Recap, where I talk/share/review the workout vids I did for the last four days. Please refer to this post to know a bit more about Active Recap and my workout format and sched.

Love,
S


DAY A


This may be an ab-focused routine but it actually also worked my legs and arms. In hindsight, I think I should've saved this routine for more ab-focused circuits but it's still a good routine overall. Plus, Mother's Daughter got me pumped up in no time!



Though I'd start this day with an ab and leg routine first. I love this routine by Rachel Aust because even if it's low impact, it still challenged me and made me sweat. If you're not a big fan of plyo, you'll love this. The moves are so simple yet when you do it for three rounds, you'll feel your muscles starting to burn. I love "opening" my workouts with such routines because it warms up my body without feeling too tired or jolted. Another thing I like about this routine is the 60 second break in between rounds. It gives me ample time to reset and shake out my muscles in preparation for the next round. Overall, a real good routine and something I wouldn't mind doing again.



To make today's workout a full body, let's have an upper body routine! This workout is equipment free and relies solely on bodyweight, perfect to do anywhere and focuses on arms and core. I knew this would be somehow a challenging routine because the trainer in the video, Rhys, is also the same trainer in SELF's workout videos. The moves in the routine are easy and can be easily done twice but I personally only did the whole routine once because my arms were just not feeling it. I particularly liked the push ups and tricep dips; the bicyles were my kryptonite (as usual). Solid workout, really burned my arms, not gonna lie.

Workout duration: around 36 minutes, with 1 min rest in between. 



DAY B


We have yet another SELF vid and it's focused on the lower body. It has two circuits, each with different moves and ends with a tabata finisher. I surprisingly liked the two circuits because most of the moves were low impact and can be easily done twice through. I did it like this: circuit 1 - circuit 2 - circuit 1. I repeated circuit 1 instead of circuit 2 because in a way I was reserving most of my energy for the plyo heavy round: the tabata finisher that comprises of pop squats and mountain climbers to a push up. Those last 4 minutes was so freaking tiring that at one point I just blurted out "I'm gonna die!!!" For some reason, I was at a 100% during the pop squats and maybe just around 70% for the mountain climbers. But hey, I finished the whole workout!! Yay!

Workout duration: around 37 minutes; warm up and cool down included.



DAY C


You Need To Calm Down is such a bop so of course I looked forward to doing this routine. This routine covers pretty much everything: core, legs, glutes, arms, the works. Great workout to do to get everything fired up.



This exact video is the very first workout routine I did when I got my mini resistance bands. I think this routine is a great intro for first timers with mini bands because the moves are very beginner friendly and can be followed easily. I remember using the light bands the first time and this time, I used my medium band. Yes, there are jumps included but they're great to get your heart pumping. Try it!!



This routine is a combo of bodyweight and equipment and goes for 3 rounds. And man, those three rounds will burn your arms down! Light weights were used in this routine but you can totally alter your weights according to what you can lift. I altered between 2 to 5 lbs, depending on the move. I really got a good arm workout with this one.

Stretch is included in this workout too!

Workout duration: around 38 minutes, including 1 min rest in between circuits.



DAY D


I know Day D is yoga focused but I couldn't help but share this 10 minute pilates routine. I loved this!! It starts slow but speeds up without feeling too rushed. Like, there's still zen during the hard parts, you know? Haha! There were moves that I couldn't do so I just modified. Need to find more routines like this!



I swear I needed this flow! This flow is really relaxing, like the cool down of this whole quad. It focused on stretching and relaxing the whole body, particularly the most used ones: legs, core, and arms. This flow is so peaceful and really helped stretch out my sore muscles. This really IS a stress reliever!

Workout duration: around 43 minutes.


CONCLUSION:
Quad 3 was good! I got to do 3 circuits that are my faves (Rachel Aust's 20 Min Weight Loss, Baby Fit Gym's Workout 1, and Boho Beautiful's Total Body Pilates) with new circuits. I sorta kinda like the random bursts of plyo throughout the circuits too.

MY TOP WORKOUT IN THIS QUAD:
Arrgghh, so hard! But if I had to choose my top two, I'll go with Rachel Aust's 20 Min Weight Loss Workout and SELF 20 Minute Lower Body HIIT with Tabata Finisher. So. Good.

You May Also Like

0 comments