Wearable Flame: Colourpop Lux Lipstick in On Repeat

by - Wednesday, September 04, 2019


That red orange pop you need.
While my normal everyday lippie colors of choice are muted pink and mauve (and the occasional mauve/taupe hybrid), I've recently developed an appreciation for bold colors. I'm not talking about neon, highlighter-looking colors; I'm talking about bold hues that are still wearable, loud but contained. Am I making any sense because I swear it all makes sense in my head!

I'll give you two examples. One is Colourpop's More Better, a gorgeous dark berry shade that I just loved wearing during my Europe trip. It's this berry shade that just POPS without being too bright and out there. The other one is Kat Von D's L.U.V. I'll admit that it's such an unusual color, probably too bold for everyday but honestly, I think it's such a nice shade to wear for those days where you like to shake things up a bit. I see it as a wearable purple. The formula isn't the best but the color's a good pop.

I feature lots of pink lippies on this blog that I don't dabble on reds that much if you noticed. That's because I reserve reds on special occasions. I like red lips to be perfect so it takes me forever to apply it because I make sure my lip lines are crisp and clean. I'm also very picky on red shades. I love deep reds, cranberry reds, that sort of thing. Not exactly for daytime use, huh?

But I found a great red. Well, not exactly a pure red which makes it more interesting and fun, not to mention great for everyday. Oh, and did I mention that it's also quite bold?


This is technically my mom's lippie but I can't help but borrow it for a little while to feature it in the blog. It's just too good not to, you know? Here I have Coloupop On Repeat Lux Lipstick, a gorgeous orange red lip shade. I tend to skip orange reds because I thought they don't go well with my skintone but for some reason, I don't really care with this shade. I want it on my lips no matter what it looks like because it's, for the nth time, gorgeous.

I like how this shade is bright yet wearable. It doesn't look tacky at all and it's something that I think doesn't need to much fussing. It's youthful, fun, bright, and bold.

Don't even get me started with that adorable but chic packaging. The starry rose gold tube and the star cutouts on the lippie itself make the whole Lux Lippie line so stinking cute!!


Formula is incredible. The Lux Lippies are known for being super pigmented, not to mention hydrating formula. Apparently acai, jojoba and pomegranate seed butters are included in the lippies so it's really no surprise that these glide on the lips so easily. It's funny because although they glide smoothly, they have a grip to them. You know when lipsticks glide on the lips only to deposit a sheer to medium coat of color on the first swipe? Yeah, the Lux Lippies are the opposite. The glide but they have a certain grip on the lips that make sure the color comes out solid and opaque. First coat is already solid, second is just for good measure.

Another thing about the formula: it stains like crazy. Case in point: my mini freakout when I was removing Getty. It took me a while to get every trace out because it just stuck to my lips and walking around with a gray/green/blue tint on my lips ain't happening. Took me a good solid 10 minutes before I fully removed everything haha! Same goes with On Repeat but with this, I think staining's great. On Repeat isn't a liquid lippie that sets. It'll transfer upon contact with anything. BUT since it leaves a stain, you're still left with color on the lips. A stain decent enough to pass as, well, a lip stain. 

(blotted)

You know how they say to apply - blot - apply lipsticks? I recommend doing that with the Lux Lippies. The blot part makes sure that you already have a good layer of stain underneath; the second application just makes the overall coat look solid and even.

On Repeat's a shade I didn't think I'd like but turns out, I do! It's bold, it's fresh, and it's something I'll wear on days when I just need a burst of color. It's also a nice break from pinks! Here's to hoping mom would let me borrow it again hahaha!


You May Also Like

0 comments