Active Recap: Quad XIII

by - Monday, November 11, 2019


13.


Welcome to Active Recap, where I talk/share/review the workout vids I did for the last four days. Please refer to this post to know a bit more about Active Recap and my workout format and sched.

Love,
S







DAY A



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWnpKBGyj8A

Starting this quad with a quick 15 minute leg and core workout. Most of the exercises in this workout are mat exercises, perfect for waking up the whole body and warming it up more. Even though this workout is low impact, I still got good cardio from it so my heart rate's up and running for the main circuit. If you're looking for a quick 15 minute workout that isn't necessarily plyo-centric, this one's a good one to do, as a main workout or as a burnout circuit.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLZ7d0_cnAI

It has been a few quads since I last used bands so here's a main circuit with bands! I absolutely loved this workout because it utilizes the long pilates band and the mini bands. This is a really good full body workout that will work your arms and legs. The upper body circuits of this workout will set your arms on fire, especially if you use a medium or hard band for all the moves (I used a medium and it burned like cray). I was able to tolerate the lower body circuits more although I did feel the burn slowly creeping in. 10/10 would recommend!


Workout duration: around 41 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; warm up and cool down not included.




DAY B



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNlhyiA3h9o

This workout as an opener will surely wake you up in a snap because when I hit play on this workout, it instantly felt like everything's just go, go, go. First of all, this starts with pop squats. If that won't wake you up instantly, I don't know what will (I love me some pop squats so I was happy to follow along). The exercises that followed pop squats are cardio exercises, like mountain climbers, broad jumps, deadlift hop ups, and side tuck burpees(!!!). There are only three mat exercises, t-push ups, planks saws, and bicycles but even those felt like active recovery.

Overall, this 12 min HIIT is tiring and challenging but it was fun. I had to modify some of the exercises but that's better than not doing it at all, right? I super liked that there were no repeats, all moves are new every single time. My heart rate was through the roof but it was exactly what I needed: a quick cardio boost to start my routine.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjiRVCEokWE

After the HIIT routine, this longer workout is more of a toning one but definitely as hard as the first. Honestly, this routine felt like a textbook Blogilates routine that burns a whole lot. As the title suggests, this targets the glutes and thighs and the moves isolate these parts so you'll feel it like crazy. This plus the HIIT really made me sweat buckets and I definitely felt sore (mostly on my glutes) after a few days.


Workout duration: around 44 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; quick warm up and cool down included.



DAY C


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iiYR8qneDk

Another cardio workout to get myself sweating like crazy. This time it's a core-centered HIIT with three rounds in total. The routine only has 6 core moves but by the 2nd round, they get a little variation to them. They little switch makes a huge difference for me because it doesn't feel repetitive. Yes, they're still the same set of moves but you do them a bit differently for the next rounds and I like that. This ab routine isn't something I really enjoyed (to be fair, I'm really not big on any core exercises) but I felt strong and energized when I finished the whole workout.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WG6z7LBLmE

Little burnout circuit to end this day's workout. This is a whole body routine with more focus on the upper body, arms and core. This routine is fairly easy to do and can be made more challenging by upping your weights. The real gem in this routine, though, is the ab exercises. I didn't expect to feel the burn! What a nice way to make this day a legit core day.


Workout duration: around 48 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; warm up and quick cool down included.



DAY D


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o7a0hy6Hbk

I can't end this quad without an arm routine so here it is! This arm routine is a bit more fast-paced than other strength-training arm routines so it's best if you stick with light weights, around 2 or 3 lbs to keep up. I tried using 5 lbs on each arm but because the moves are continuous and dynamic, my best be was to switch to a lighter weight. This arm routine is a quick burn to the arms so pace yourself and rest if needed. I also liked that this routine is a combo of weights and bodyweight so you get to lift to start and end with good old push-ups. Really good routine!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8htNNUHdTuk

Ending this day and quad with a nice full body flow. I really like this one because the stretches in this are really nice and targets all the areas: core, legs, arms, and glutes. This can also be done as a warm up stretch routine because it didn't feel too much like a relaxing cool down stretch.


Workout duration: around 39 minutes, warm up included.



CONCLUSION:
Definitely got a good dose of cardio in this quad, huh? Really enjoyed using my weights and bands and I'm just so proud of myself for being able to finish the cardio routine haha!


MY TOP WORKOUT IN THIS QUAD:


You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Thank you for sharing this useful post with us. I have nutrition & health-related website. I'm telling you about this beautiful topic and this topic is Crazy ab workout. Crazy Ab workout is very impotent in human body. I have a website and this website discusses human body fitness and nutrition. Read more please visit this website.

    ReplyDelete