Active Recap: Quad XX

by - Monday, December 30, 2019


20.


Welcome to Active Recap, where I talk/share/review the workout vids I did for the last four days. Please refer to this post to know a bit more about Active Recap and my workout format and sched.

Love,
S








DAY A



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytnP14kSqSk&t=23s

A full body routine to kick things off! This 15 minute routine is pretty simple but it's a good one, especially when done twice through for a 30 minute sesh. I absolutely loved the dynamic exercises in this routine because it targets two to three muscle groups at the same time which I find very efficient! This routine starts off with a slow, almost warm up exercise and ends with an explosive, give-it-all-you-got cardio combo move. Most of the exercises are low impact and the cardio burst is saved at the last part. I find this perfect on days when I feel lazy and I need to do things slow before kicking off. The use of weights adds challenge but it's just as effective without weights, too.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CiLVLqUrho

Glute burn time! I decided to go with this 10-minute glute routine as a burner because it's mostly mat exercises that really target the glutes. In the beginning, I thought it was a breeze but when I got to the last part/sequence of this routine? Ahh, my glutes were on fire!! I loved this routine that I did it twice through- my glutes were toast. Mini bands would totally add more challenge and resistance to this routine- might have to do this next time!


Workout duration: around 50 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; warm up not included; short cool down included.




DAY B




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ-gfYbg9pk

Another glute targeting routine! True to its title, this routine is low impact, mostly mat exercises but it turned out, it didn't just burn my glutes but my legs and thighs as well! The isolation exercises really targeted muscles they were meant for and damn, that was a good toning routine! I found some moves a bit hard to do so I modified and still got a good burn out of them. Overall, a good routine to do anywhere, anytime. Oh, and I did this routine twice through for the maximum glute and leg burn.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8zLvSAsAdM&t=263s

Back toning time! This 20 minute routine was definitely a good ender for today because it really worked the back, plus the shoulders, biceps, triceps, and a little chest! I like that this routine plays with different weights and formats but it's still customizable according to your strength level or preference. I found the exercises with light weights burn more, mainly because they're done back to back without rest in between. The ones with heavier weights had more breathing time. This one's definitely a solid upper body routine!


Workout duration: around 59 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; short warm up and cool down included.




DAY C




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LjxpmPlIeQ&t=205s

Since the previous upper body routine had weights, I decided to go with a bodyweight one for today and give the weights a rest. Bodyweight upper body exercises are something I'm not very good at (lol spaghetti arms ftw!) so I find these ones quite challenging but they're something I need to do to train my arms, you know? The arm exercises are mostly forms of push ups, planks, and dips and they all tested my jello arms' strength. I also liked the addition of core exercises in this routine so it didn't feel like just an arm routine.The core exercises were perfect as it readied my core for the next routine.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JXYi2qjTrI

A core-focused routine to burn it all out and I freaking enjoyed it! Tracy Steen's routine was a surprise to me because almost all the moves were new to me and I absolutely loved every single one of them! They're definitely not the usual core exercises in other videos so I found this routine super fresh and exciting. Some moves were definitely a challenge but lemme tell you this- almost every single one of the moves burned the hell out of my core. I particularly loved the weighted exercises because the intensity on those was just on a different level. I definitely recommend this routine if you're looking for a core burner!


Workout duration: around 43 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; short warm up and cool down included.




DAY D



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6Z91y8n6tk

10 minute cardio time! Not gonna lie, I was supposed to do this routine twice through but the day I did this, I just had a lot on my mind (ie. chores and life in general) so I was only able to do this routine once. But 10 minutes is definitely enough to make me sweat because this routine's just cardio packed you'll feel set in a way after you do it. But I definitely recommend doing this twice through!



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBrZqHz8zF0

This was something I needed the day I did this because it helped me just zone out and get zen. This was my first time doing a cooling flow and it felt very relaxing and just chill. This flow gave me good stretches all over and gave my racing mind a bit of a cool down. What a lovely flow!


Workout duration: around 37 minutes; short warm up included.




MY TOP WORKOUT IN THIS QUAD:
I definitely enjoyed TRACY STEEN 20 Min Abdominal Workout (honestly, such a fantastic core routine!) and ALO YOGA Cooling Yoga Practice with Briohny Smyth (such a great calming and all around flow).



You May Also Like

0 comments