Active Recap: Quad XXXVI

by - Monday, April 27, 2020


36.


Welcome to Active Recap, where I talk/share/review the workout vids I did for the last four days. Please refer to this post to know a bit more about Active Recap and my workout format and sched.

Love,
S









DAY A



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H83DhoCPUb4

One word: WOW. This routine is did not come to play!! Intense is such an apt word for this workout because damn, my legs turned to jelly and my heart rate was high and crazy! I loved the tabata format but dammit it, back to back tabata exercises are just insane but still weirdly enjoyable(???). This routine is challenging AF but so rewarding at the end. I'm so glad I did this and it was perfect for leg day as most of the exercises were lower body focused.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN7pPH4Ms_E

If you think this yoga routine is an active rest for your legs, you're wrong! This routine is not a relaxing flow but more of a power flow for your legs. The muscles targeted here are glutes, hammies, quads, and calves. For some reason, I felt it the most on my calves, which were sore the next day. Sore calves on leg days? A CHALLENGE.


Workout duration: around 60 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; warm up and cool down included.




DAY B



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDnDcBZdPtk&t=1299s

Yay, weighted leg workout! So no plyos today, just toning in the form of weighted low impact exercises. Again, this routine works the calves and legs the most and lemme tell you, this whole workout burns. It's the same set of exercises done for about 4 rounds but for some reason, I didn't feel that it was repetitive maybe because the exercises were done in a certain number of reps so before I even knew it, I was done. This workout is challenging but fun and this just really made my calves more sore AF.  


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tcJ7pJyClo

Letting the calves take a breather for this burnout round. This is targeted more on the thighs, seeing as the thighs were a bit neglected in Day A. This is a toning routine and you pretty much have the option to make it weighted or just bodyweight (I did the latter). Even though it's a short and quick routine, it still managed to burn my thighs, quads, and glutes out. Reps in this one are quite long so be ready!


Workout duration: around 58 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; warm up and cool down included.




DAY C



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy7BsNQXZr4

I was so excited because this workout is led by my fave instructor, Kit Rich. Let's just say she didn't disappoint! This routine was a perfect blend of cardio and toning and it really got me energized without feeling too exhausted or drained by the end of it. I loved this core exercises because they sort of doubled as active recoveries while still making my core work. I modified some of the moves but even when modified, they were still challenging. Had fun on this one!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GtsoGHDNIo

Okay, mat exercises time! This burner is a core-targeter and I swear, time went by quickly on this one! Same set of exercises, 20 reps each, for 5 rounds. Oooh boy, it was a challenge but a fun one! The exercises that burned my core the most were the dead bugs, bicycles, and plank dips. I loved that the moves here were simple yet effective. This was a good one and Carly's glee and excitement is just infectious!


Workout duration: around 48 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; warm up and cool down included. 




DAY D



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHwKOb1Wn2U

If you're looking for a routine that will really get your core burning, this one's it. I can proudly say that I survived this! I swear, I had to pause the video every now and then to catch my breath and ease the burn on my core a bit. This routine ain't messing around! The use of weights and pilates band really added some serious intensity and you know what, my obliques, love handle areas, and arms got sore the next day. Ooof! Not gonna lie, I found the floor exercises the most intense ones but you gotta do it and not slack because they're the ones that really worked my core. Recommend 10/10! 


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NTti-ZGuq8

Yoga burner/relaxer to wrap this quad up. This flow still works the core but admittedly, it's more laid back and relaxing so you get a nice stretch and good core workout in this one. I liked doing this after the first circuit and in a short amount of time, I burned my core out and stretched it too. Do this twice for a longer flow!


Workout duration: around 58 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; warm up not included. 




MY TOP WORKOUT/S IN THIS QUAD:






You May Also Like

0 comments