Active Recap: XXX

by - Monday, March 16, 2020


30.


Welcome to Active Recap, where I talk/share/review the workout vids I did for the last four days. Please refer to this post to know a bit more about Active Recap and my workout format and sched.

Love,
S










DAY A



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1o5Ee5FeKc

I know this workout has the word "yoga" in its title but girl, don't be fooled: this is legit a HIIT workout. I. DID. NOT. EXPECT. THIS. Honestly, I thought it would be like a power yoga workout where it's still yoga but harder, but nope, this one is about 85% HIIT that will instantly jolt you awake and get your heart rate skyrocketing in no time. Not that I'm complaining- I do like some tabata in the morning. Yep, this has a tabata format that kicks off with...wait for it...the thing we love the most: burpees. Well, burpees minus the push-ups but still. But don't worry, when you slay the burpee section, it's all smooth-sailing from there, especially when you get to the mat exercises. So where's the yoga? It's in the warm up, in the rests in between, and in the cool down. It's there, not just the thing that gets you sweating.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkwrYWRT8wA

After that HIIT workout, let's do a bit of a chill/toning glute workout. Now this- this is yoga, no doubt. I absolutely loved the flows and the exercises and man, did this flow really target the glutes. I really liked that there were exercises that challenged everything: balance, core, glutes, legs- everything. I'm nowhere as flexible as Cat but I tried to challenge myself in some of the moves. Overall, a lovely flow that really targets the glutes well. 


Workout duration: around 52 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits.




DAY B



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKVTTrSg910

You all know I love workouts where you use resistance bands so I was really excited to do this routine! In this routine, I was able to discover new exercises/ways to incorporate bands and I absolutely loved that the band was used in different parts of the body like legs, core, and arms. Although this is technically a full body workout, there were a lot of core work involved, pretty common in pilates. I'd say this is more of a toning routine and relatively more chill than some of the ones I've done before. Oh, though a pilates band was used throughout this routine, there were exercises where you could totally switch it for a looped/mini band. 


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JVXKtIfDFs

This is my first-ever hands free flow and I gotta say, not bad! Not doing mat poses thrown me off a bit but I eventually just let it go and enjoyed the flow. I'm gonna say this: hands-free flows are amazing for the legs and glutes. Through triangle, warrior, and chair poses, I was able to really focus on my posture, my quads, my hammies, and my glutes. I gotta incorporate more hands-free flows on leg days! 


Workout duration: around 54 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits.




DAY C



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTbxgGPHiwM

Weights time! When I first saw the Yoga Strong vids by Sydney, I was pumped. Weighted yoga?? Sign me up! Now I know going in that it would be a challenge, but damn, this was a surprise! I loved both weighted and bodyweight dynamic exercises because they really showed me that both ways still work. Personally, there were times where I thought it was repetitive (the weighted exercises were done for 3 rounds each) so the bodyweight exercises were perfect breaks. As for which weights to use, I suggest beginning with a pair of 2 or 3 lbs first then maybe bump it up to 5 lbs for the third round. I mostly used 2lbs weights but I also did some with 5lbs, just because the pai of 2lbs made sure my posture didn't get compromised. Also, this got my glutes real sore for two days!!



DAY D



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKiGZktresA

Opening up with a morning flow! I enjoyed this flow because it had a lot of stretches that were perfect as a warm up. The stretches really helped my body get loose and ready for the next circuit. I loved that this flow wasn't too in your face but more on prepping your mind and body. What a lovely morning flow!  


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb40IkQ5xKc

The main workout. As compared to the banded pilates routine, this was definitely harder and more challenging but weirdly more fun too? I don't know, maybe it's just me haha! This routine has a lot of core and lower body exercises and stretches and I absolutely love that thorough explanations of each exercise. This can easily be done anywhere and everywhere as there are no other equipment you need except for a mat/rug/carpet/towel. Do this if you want a full body but core-targeting routine!


Workout duration: around 50 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits.



NOTE:
I don't know if you noticed but this quad is a pilates-yoga combo! I've always wanted a quad like this so here it is haha! I quite enjoyed this format and I really enjoyed the mostly low impact/toning routines. Gotta do one again for sure!



MY TOP WORKOUT/S IN THIS QUAD:



You May Also Like

0 comments