Active Recap: Quad XL

by - Monday, June 01, 2020



40.

Welcome to Active Recap, where I talk/share/review the workout vids I did for the last four days. Please refer to this post to know a bit more about Active Recap and my workout format and sched.


Love,
S








DAY A




I'm gonna say it now: I LOVE this workout! It was exactly what I needed: it was energetic, challenging, but very enjoyable. I love the variety of exercises in this workout. The tabata circuit, the kickboxing circuit (and I'm not even a big fan of kickboxing!), the strength-training, and core circuit- it was the perfect blend. I didn't feel bored at all but I did feel challenged and oh so tired- the good tired where you feel accomplished and ready for the day. I super loved the banter between Kelly and Daniel as it made me feel like I was working out in the same room as them and it distracted me on hard exercises. An hour went by so fast, I swear! 10/10 would recommend and won't mind doing it again!'




DAY B




For a more leg-focused routine, I did another of LA's live quarantine workouts. The first two circuits are more focused on toning and strengthening and mostly are low impact exercises. There were some exercises I've never done before so that was exciting. This routine is also a core-focused as well so you get to target two muscle groups here. This made me sweaty and also got my heart rate up as well and the burnout round, the cardio circuit, was the perfect finisher. Not bad! 





DAY C



Oh how I enjoyed this workout because hello: low impact! I figured I'd give HIIT a break for today and do a less strenuous form of cardio. Although this is a full body workout, it's a perfect routine to do on core day because the exercises here help warm up and activate the core even more for the main circuit. Two round went by so fast! If you need a quiet workout, this is great. 



I've somewhat braced myself for this workout because a Blogilates workout is never easy (but she does make it look easy!). At first, I didn't want to do this because of the word "extreme" but when I saw that there were no repeats in this workout, I was sold. Besides, it's always nice to challenge yourself! Not gonna sugarcoat it: this routine is hard and challenging BUT totally doable. Hell, most of the exercises here can easily be modified! I like that the exercises are grouped according to target areas. That helped me on my mind-muscle connection. My most fave part has got to be the obliques circuit, followed by the core circuit. It is hard but for some reason, I had the guts to do it twice through. My second go wasn't perfect (there were more breaks in between that the first round, tbh) but hey, I did it! Two rounds legit made my core sore for a couple days afterwards but totally worth it!  


Workout duration: around 69 minutes,with 1 minute rest in between circuits; warm up and cool down not included.



DAY D




Today's arms and core circuit was just what I needed. After the Blogilates routine, I needed to give my core a bit of break and a good stretch. Also, I felt like I needed to work my arms a bit. This may be no-equipment but damn, it still burned! The arm routine will leave your arms shaking and burning but feel free to use lightweights to up the challenge. The core routine was surprisingly not too bad as well. I guess the real highlight of this workout for me was the 10-minute stretch. Ahh, that was really good! You can easily do this routine twice through as there were no repeating rounds. 



Oh yoga, how I've missed you! Well, technically this is more of a core workout with yoga elements in it but hey, it's still yoga! This is the final circuit/core finisher and I'm glad I did this because it was the perfect way to wrap up this day. Although this burned my core, it was also very relaxing and zen- really weird but really comforting at the same time. The breaks in between circuits are great stretches that helped my core reset and ready for the next set of exercises. Lovely routine!


Workout duration: around 56 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; warm up and cool down included.



MY TOP WORKOUT/S IN THIS QUAD:



You May Also Like

0 comments